Android OS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Blacked Out Themer
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any CM7 based ROMs out there that have good, solid data connections? And when I say good, I don't mean having to toggle airplane mode ANY to get it to return... I mean good, reliable data connection.... Thanks for your input!

·
Premium Member
3,873 Posts
ecsnead69 said:
Are there any CM7 based ROMs out there that have good, solid data connections? And when I say good, I don't mean having to toggle airplane mode ANY to get it to return... I mean good, reliable data connection.... Thanks for your input!
Since you appear to be the only one reporting this problem I would have to assume it's something in your setup/hardware. I've been running CM7 for weeks now and haven't had the issue nor have I seen anyone else report the problem you are experiencing. The only thing I've seen is that if you're on wifi - turn off data and if on data - turn off wifi.

·
Blacked Out Themer
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, if you will read through the threads you will see that people are having to toggle airplane mode a lot... I had zero data issues with Froyo, so that rules out hardware/setup issues.... Having to toggle airplane mode is a hassle, losing 3g all night after wifi sleep starts is a bigger hassle... it is happening to a lot of people, they just value having the latest and greatest ROMs more than solid data connections.....

·
Premium Member
3,873 Posts
ecsnead69 said:
Actually, if you will read through the threads you will see that people are having to toggle airplane mode a lot... I had zero data issues with Froyo, so that rules out hardware/setup issues.... Having to toggle airplane mode is a hassle, losing 3g all night after wifi sleep starts is a bigger hassle... it is happening to a lot of people, they just value having the latest and greatest ROMs more than solid data connections.....
Again, turn off wifi if you are using 3g and visa versa. Works fine for me.

·
Supporting Member
783 Posts
"akellar said:
Again, turn off wifi if you are using 3g and visa versa. Works fine for me.
Works for me too. I have only had to use airplane mode once or twice and thats only if I enable 3g too soon after turning wifi off. Gotta wait like five seconds in between on mine.

Gingerbread is Yummy :)

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Sounds like you need a dmu reset. I rarely use wifi but I have seen the hiccups with the wifi to data hand off. But tbh on vgb and ec09 modem I've had the best data reliability and speeds ever since getting this phone last September.

good day.

·
Blacked Out Themer
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was just hoping that there was a GB ROM that didn't require this. It gets to be a hassle when you have to do it several times and you can't rely on your data connection. Anyway, thanks for the relpies... Hopefully source will drop soon and we can get 100% data connections..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts