Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
7 Posts
This is a pure CM7 Droid 2 Rom without ports, with base CM7, Framework, and Gingerbread

Date, File Link will be posted very soon...

I have been working behind the scenes on making this the best CM7 Droid2 rom yet..

Wiki on Why another release, How to section, and Instructions.
https://github.com/MidnightProgrammer/droid2global/wiki

Issue and Enhancements can be reported or suggested:
https://github.com/MidnightProgrammer/droid2global/issues

Still in Setup Mode...Please be patient..

Update: Waiting for android.git.kernel.org to find out who hacked their site and restore it back when they plug the hole...
 

·
You can haz Developer Status
Joined
·
1,090 Posts
Now this I gotta see...

Edit: I see a bunch of freshly forked repos, don't hold your breath.
White DROID2 GLOBAL running CM7-GB using RootzWiki Forums
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,155 Posts
I concur this will be VERY interesting to see. Considering we have a team of people working on it that can't figure some of this stuff out. Anyone fixing it 100% would have to be a god like programmer. Oh and forks of our repo's aern't "100% pure CM7 without any ports"
 

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
7 Posts
aceoyame said:
I concur this will be VERY interesting to see. Considering we have a team of people working on it that can't figure some of this stuff out. Anyone fixing it 100% would have to be a god like programmer. Oh and forks of our repo's aern't "100% pure CM7 without any ports"
I am well experienced in Java, Python, C, and GIT. I forked everything needed and been running the version I been on for a few days now.. I might not have a large team like the CM D2G team but have three, not including myself, In Dev, tester, and Documentor...

BTW I didnt use anyone elses files, but did use some ideas from posts to create this release.

I wanted to start fresh out of the box.

If will be opening up the GIT source for our project soon so if you like to use this release... Fork Away..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,155 Posts
MidnightProgrammer said:
I am well experienced in Java, Python, C, and GIT. I forked everything needed and been running the version I been on for a few days now.. I might not have a large team like the CM D2G team but have three, not including myself, In Dev, tester, and Documentor...

BTW I didnt use anyone elses files, but did use some ideas from posts to create this release.

I wanted to start fresh out of the box.

If will be opening up the GIT source for our project soon so if you like to use this release... Fork Away..
How's the GSM switching then? That's what I am interested in. Also are you using GB kernel. IMO GSM has been the biggest headache and it seems mainly due to the zygote classes and permissions.
 

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
aceoyame said:
How's the GSM switching then? That's what I am interested in. Also are you using GB kernel. IMO GSM has been the biggest headache and it seems mainly due to the zygote classes and permissions.
I currently dont have a tester for GSM.. but swiching between GSM/Global/CDMA seems to switch might want to check folder and file permissions... I know that programs can check these permissions and have fall thru code..

Hope this helps
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,155 Posts
MidnightProgrammer said:
I currently dont have a tester for GSM.. but swiching between GSM/Global/CDMA seems to switch might want to check folder and file permissions... I know that programs can check these permissions and have fall thru code..

Hope this helps
I can test it, as I have been the main guy for adding GSM support with CM4D2G. Honestly I don't care about what CM I use as I am interested only for my MIUI port. If I have a more stable base then by all means i'll use it. I am not partial to any project. As a matter of fact I fixed the compass for CM and MIUI for the M2 yesterday lol
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
58 Posts
Id rock it.. i have had all the roms developed so far on my d2g. And if cm7 didnt have the few bugs it has it would be on my phone now. But until it is bug free. I will stay with rooted Gb unless something else can preform as well
 

·
Android Addict
Joined
·
316 Posts
dolfns99 said:
Id rock it.. i have had all the roms developed so far on my d2g. And if cm7 didnt have the few bugs it has it would be on my phone now. But until it is bug free. I will stay with rooted Gb unless something else can preform as well
Besides a few things that CM7 does well.. the riooted GB works great.... Im sure Midnight Programmer and other devs of the D2G Rom will find and fix the problems CM D2G Gingerbread is experiencing..

Most roms prior to the leak, were froyo based.. make to look and feel like Gingerbread... usually ported from other phone files...Hence causing problems they are experiencing now...
 

·
You can haz Developer Status
Joined
·
1,090 Posts
"MidnightProgrammer said:
Dont be a hater... Be a Contributor.........
Was just stating that there was no publicly visible progress.

White DROID2 GLOBAL running CM7-GB using RootzWiki Forums
 

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
worldofross said:
Besides a few things that CM7 does well.. the riooted GB works great.... Im sure Midnight Programmer and other devs of the D2G Rom will find and fix the problems CM D2G Gingerbread is experiencing..

Most roms prior to the leak, were froyo based.. make to look and feel like Gingerbread... usually ported from other phone files...Hence causing problems they are experiencing now...
That is why we decided to build from scratch .. and yes we are using the 607 base.. and not Froyo Base..
 

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
28 Posts
+1 -
dolfns99 said:
Id rock it.. i have had all the roms developed so far on my d2g. And if cm7 didnt have the few bugs it has it would be on my phone now. But until it is bug free. I will stay with rooted Gb unless something else can preform as well
Are you in my brain dolfns? Haha
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
58 Posts
Lol.. im serious! But I still dont see anything posted for this rom! Patiently but impatiently waiting at same time
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Top