Android OS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 670 Posts

·
Droid Rage
199 Posts
For how-to\'s, questions and support please consider using this thread. The user community is strong and intelligible enough to support the devs so they\'re not constantly bothered in their work.

ATTENTION GSM USERS: GSM IS STILL A WORK IN PROGRESS AND YOU WILL MOST LIKELY HAVE APN ISSUES.

For initial install please read the OP in the dev thread. If you have any questions about the install or post install please ask them here first before bothering the devs. There are plenty of users that will be glad to help.

Thank You devs for all your hard work!

x13thangelx Quick Install Instructions (Thanks, x13thangelx)

1. sbf to stock
  2. update to .606/7
  3. root via D3 root
  4. boot into CWR via D2bootstrap
  5. wipe data/cache
  6. flash CM7
  7. flash gapps
  8. reboot.

OP to Dev_Thread can be found here where Rev\'s latest CM7 nightly is posted

http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?3546-DEV_THREAD-Droid-2-Global-CM7-with-Gingerbread-Leak-Kernel

GAPPS can be found here

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Latest_Version/Google_Apps

If you have sticky settings issues

I believe this is what Asphyx said in the Dev_Thread (can\'t find his post due to the crowded nature of the thread)

A) fix permissions in clockwork rom manager

reboot to Clockwork recovery and fixed permissions

C) clear cache in recovery

D) reboot to cm7 and fixed permissions in rom manager for good measure.

Steps to fix Bad Radio and Data Switching (Thanks Asphyx)

1 - Turn on Airplane mode and reboot (it may not say it sticks but on reboot it should come up in airplane mode)

2 - Run Rom Manager and Fix permissions (It will tell you that you should reboot)

3 - Reboot into Recovery

4 - Wipe Cache

5 - Go to Advanced and Fix Permissions (Prob not really needed but I do it anyway)

6 - Reboot System (that means hitting the power button to go back one menu in Recovery then selecting Menu Item 1)

7 - When done booting, turn off Airplane mode (should stick now)

8 - Wait for 3G Icon to appear

9 - Turn on and off WiFi at will they should switch data without issues.

NOTE! DO NOT ATTEMPT to turn on WiFiAP in CM. Use Open Garden or some other Tethering app until the WiFiAP is confirmed as working in CM!

So far the list of KNOWN Bugs left to squash is as follows. (Also, Thanks Asphyx)

1 - Temp Sensor not working - Not looked at yet (prob missing a lib)

2 - Sticky Settings Issues - Fix Found (Init.rc) but yet to be incorporated into Source

3 - WiFi AP does not work - Not sure why yet maybe missing code

4 -FM Radio does not work - Not included in the build but also unknown if unit actually supports it

5 - Alt_Lock, Voice, keys on Hardware Keyboard do not work - Custom code needed but unavailable right now

Those are the only bugs that I know of at this time, Rev may be aware of others.

If your issue is related to one of those then we know about it and are working on it.

·
Android Apprentice
53 Posts
"Vypor said:
If you've been reading the dev thread you should probably know by now what this is for. The dev thread is over crowded with the same questions and answers that have already been addressed and are keeping the dev's from following their work progress on the thread. For how-to's, questions and support please consider using this thread. The user community is strong and intelligible enough to support the devs so they're not constantly bothered in their work.

For initial install please read the OP in the dev thread. If you have any questions about the install or post install please ask them here first before bothering the devs. There are plenty of users that will be glad to help.

Thank You devs for all your hard work!
Yes that's so true

·
Droid Rage
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"Pharrit said:
Can you post in the main the correct way to install the rom? I know thats one big question asked over and over

EDIT: I have checked the main OP and it doesn't say
When I have some time and my computer I'll get with Rev and get his recommended way. Right now I'm mobile.

Currently as to what i did I:
1) sbf to stock
2) flashed the 607 GB update
3) root using D3 One click
4) installed droid2 bootstrapper
5) flashed the latest CM7 nightly (at the time 9-08)
6) did some permission fixes (read this from asphyx)
B) reboot to Clockwork recovery and fixed permissions
7) should be good

As i said i'll have something a little more official written up in the OP when i can later.

Cyanogenmod 7 9-08 nightly w/ .607 kernel
Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using RootzWiki Forums

·
N7
852 Posts
Vypor said:
When I have some time and my computer I'll get with Rev and get his recommended way. Right now I'm mobile.

Currently as to what i did I:
1) sbf to stock
2) flashed the 607 GB update
3) root using D3 One click
4) installed droid2 bootstrapper
5) flashed the latest CM7 nightly (at the time 9-08)
6) did some permission fixes (read this from asphyx)
7) should be good

As i said i'll have something a little more official written up in the OP when i can later.

right on...

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
much shorter version:

sbf to stock
update to .606/7
root via D3 root
boot into CWR via D2bootstrap
wipe data/cache
flash CM7
flash gapps
reboot.

That has never given me problems.... If you have the sticky setting THEN do the long drawn out method.

·
Android Lover
145 Posts
Thanks for creating this thread.

So in summary, are the following things working yet?

1. GSM
2. Camera
3. Bluetooth

Thanks!

·
Android Apprentice
40 Posts
Currently GSM is in the works for being fixed, give it time
Camera is a work around from what I understand. Just set the vol. keys to zoom in and out and you'll be awesome
I'm not sure about bluetooth, but i think it works. Have to double check that

Also, Alt-Lock still is not working, just incase you were wondering

·
Android Master
975 Posts
Steps to fix Bad Radio and Data Switching

1 - Turn on Airplane mode and reboot (it may not say it sticks but on reboot it should come up in airplane mode)
2 - Run Rom Manager and Fix permissions (It will tell you that you should reboot)
3 - Reboot into Recovery
4 - Wipe Cache
5 - Go to Advanced and Fix Permissions (Prob not really needed but I do it anyway)
6 - Reboot System (that means hitting the power button to go back one menu in Recovery then selecting Menu Item 1)
7 - When done booting, turn off Airplane mode (should stick now)
8 - Wait for 3G Icon to appear
9 - Turn on and off WiFi at will they should switch data without issues.

NOTE! DO NOT ATTEMPT to turn on WiFiAP in CM. Use Open Garden or some other Tethering app until the WiFiAP is confirmed as working in CM!

·
Android Apprentice
118 Posts
"Pharrit said:
Currently GSM is in the works for being fixed, give it time
Camera is a work around from what I understand. Just set the vol. keys to zoom in and out and you'll be awesome
I'm not sure about bluetooth, but i think it works. Have to double check that

Also, Alt-Lock still is not working, just incase you were wondering
Yes Bluetooth does work as well...

·
Android Master
975 Posts
So far the list of KNOWN Bugs left to squash is as follows.

1 - Temp Sensor not working - Not looked at yet (prob missing a lib)
2 - Sticky Settings Issues - Fix Found (Init.rc) but yet to be incorporated into Source
3 - WiFi AP does not work - Not sure why yet maybe missing code
4 -FM Radio does not work - Not included in the build but also unknown if unit actually supports it
5 - Alt_Lock, Voice, keys on Hardware Keyboard do not work - Custom code needed but unavailable right now

Those are the only bugs that I know of at this time, Rev may be aware of others.

If your issue is related to one of those then we know about it and are working on it.

·
Android Master
975 Posts
Vypor
If you want copy and paste the last two posts of mine to your OP or links to the thread numbers so no one has any excuse about not finding them! LOL
Will save us later having to give out links for solutions.
Maybe next time reserve the first three posts for these types of informational things.

·
Droid Rage
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
"Asphyx said:
Vypor
If you want copy and paste the last two posts of mine to your OP or links to the thread numbers so no one has any excuse about not finding them! LOL
Will save us later having to give out links for solutions.
Maybe next time reserve the first three posts for these types of informational things.
Cool i'll do that and keep the next in mind. I set this thread up on my phone using the rootz app so i didnt think about the little things. Guess we'll have a decent sized OP ;)

·
Droid Rage
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
"julkie said:
Hey I just installed the latest build and I can't add APNs, anyone have the same issue?
Wifi works fine for me but i haven't had to add access points in many many roms ago because google has my user data backed up. As soon as i sign in to google my apps download and my contacts and ap data loads

·
Android Apprentice
14 Posts
Vypor said:
If you have sticky settings issues
I believe this is what Asphyx said in the Dev_Thread (can't find his post due to the crowded nature of the thread)

Sorry for 2 stupid questions:
What's sticky settings issues?
and
Does it mean I have to fix permission 3 times in CWM?

Sorry for asking questions like that but I'm not good at English so I cant understand your instructions at all...

1 - 20 of 670 Posts