Android OS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Android Beginner
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to see if this was true for anyone else or just me.

When using the standard CM7 lock screen, if my menu button is pushed, it unlocks the device. I was constantly finding my phone unlocked while in my pocket because of this.

I've already looked under Settings --> CyanogenMod Settings --> Lockscreen --> Unlock options and Menu unlock is NOT checked; but appears to be working as though it is anyway. I've tried enabling it, disabling it, etc... still the menu button always unlocks the device.

In the interim, I've just been using WidgetLocker -- but wanted to see if anyone else had the same issue or if something went awry and I should re-flash and start over. I understand it's beta, but haven't seen anyone else comment about this issue nor seen it listed anywhere as a bug to be resolved.

This happened on the original beta release #0 and still occurs on nightly #5.

· Android Beginner
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dewguzzler said:
we dont need 40k threads describing problems about cm7, there is a cm4dx thread, a nightlies thread and one specifically for bugs, new threads about bugs need to stop. post these kinds of problems in threads already started thanks
Funny, Mr. Self-Proclaimed-Policeman, I read a sticky from one of the board moderators saying I can do exactly that. Note that your title says "Themer" Not "Moderator". What "we" (because obviously I speak for everyone just as you do /sarcasm) don't need are post like this discouraging new people such as myself, and board veterans, posting questions and starting discussions trying to get help. If you don't want to read my post, then skip it. Simple. (see I can do the whole speak with authority thing too!)

I got my question answered, and I'm not looking to start anything -- but there is no good reason for you or anyone else to come into posts and try to tell people what they can and cannot do. You are no better or worse than anyone else and have no special entitlement that grants you such things. I see this all over the place and it's just plain ridiculous.

For good measure I will quote the sticky for you just so there is no further misunderstandings, and life can move on:

[NOTE]Posting new threads about ROMs-Please Read

I wanted to post this thread because there has been some talk about people posting new threads about roms instead of posting in the official rom's thread.

As of now I will say. People CAN post questions about any rom anywhere in the DX forum. It DOES NOT need to be in the rom official thread. For the reason that alot of questions will get lost in the craziness of the 10-100's of pages that the official threads create so quickly.We want this forum to be open. And allow people to post what they want without feeling like they are doing something wrong. And we also want people's questions and requests to be answered as quick as possible. And sometimes its quicker to post a new thread. With that said, i want to move onto the topic of requests.

Requests for CM7 features at the moment will not happen. Its not fully supported yet. It is still in beta. so the main mission now is to get the basic features already implemented to work correctly.And then once its fully supported then, Yes requests will be more likely to be something the devs will look to. Now im speaking in regards to CM7.

Im not sure about what Jrummy,Kov, and Fab have to say when it comes to requests for Apex and Liberty, but i will ask them how they want their requests and questions handled. But as for now I would say for ALL roms, if you have a question or request. Post a new thread with [CM7] or [LIBERTY] or [APEX] prefix. So that people know what rom your talking about to avoid confusion. I hope this helps. Please feel feel to ask questions here about this topic if needed.

Edit: Also one thing i noticed people saying, that sometimes get left and forgotten about is the search feature. so before you post a new thread asking a question try out the search button at the top and if that doesnt work then post a new thread.
Have a wonderful day Dewguzzler.

· Android Beginner
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Of course you couldn't just let it go -- douche bags can never let things like this go. Search was not working for me (scripting is disabled on my work PC - and golly gee ya need scripting for search to work). So, I made a post and asked a question -- which again if you read what I quoted to you, you would understand why.

But - I need not explain myself to you any further. People like you are exactly why I only read forums and hardly ever sign up and post anything. But I thought, maybe this place would be different. Nope.

I've had my fill here -- won't see me post anything again.

You win at the internet Jesse Perkins. Your Mom must be so proud!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.