Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Themer
50 Posts
blacKrome​

This theme is HDPI only and requires that you have ROOT and the Tmobile theme engine theme chooser. If this is your first time using a theme engine apk PLEASE read the instructions below

Whats Themed
This theme includes over 2000 images that will theme basically all system apps and many others including but not limited too twitter clients such as plume and tweetdeck, Pandora, Handcent and more.​

Also most anything I do is always a work in progress I just believe this theme is at a release point so that I can start getting feedback and see what types of things users would like to see changed or added in updates

Install Instructions:
1. Make a backup just in case
2. Download and install blacKrome.apk like any other app
3. Go to the tmobile theme chooser and select blacKrome
4. Reboot to insure that all images have applied
5. Enjoy and thank you for your support​

Download Link: Blackrome V2

Thanks to:Haxzamatic, BSThemes and DJdarkknight for all the work they put into the theme engine, kovdev for his help with my wip adw theme, anyone who has tested this chanpolokote, Pleirosei and nmiltner especially and also thanks to Bboy, ecsnead and cush2push(the fellahs I generally go to first with qs and always willing to help out in any way) Also thanks to anyone I have forgotten, the android community for being what it is, and im sure many others.

Please feel free to post any and all feedback and your thoughts. Also If you have other things you would like to see themed let me know and I will try to get them added. I also have an adw theme that I am working on for this and it currently has somewhere around 150 icons but I need to figure out some more things with the configuration before posting.

While this apk has been tested and shouldnt present any problems to you neither I nor this site take any responsibility for what YOU choose to do with your phone

·
Themer
50 Posts
Changelog

7-17-11: V1.0 Initial release

7-19-11: V1.01
1. Added Calendar widget
2. Fixed Browser X
3. Fixed flashlight icons in statusbar widget
4. Fixed theme icon not showing up
5. Added a metamorph add-on​

7-20-11: V1.0.2
1. App not installing should be fixed
2. Removed app icon (even though thats not the problem, havent figured out exactly what it is)​

10-23-11: V2.0
First Id like to apologize for how long this has taken me to get posted, life has been somewhat crazy, Ive basically had it at the point that its at for awhile now just didnt really have the time to post it, anyways I hope everyone enjoys the updates.
1. Redesigned the notofication panel
2. Added ADW theme support with over a 100 icons(I suck at making icons but hey its something that is uniform)
3. Added Wallpapers to the app. ALL CREDIT FOR THE WALLS GOES TO JAIROMEO thanks for allowing me to add these
4. Honestly its been so long that I probably dont remember half the stuff but those are the major changes​

·
Themer
50 Posts
Add-Ons

Metamorph: blacKromemorphV1

Install Instructions: This was made for cm7.1 and tested on my og droid but it should work with many other setups but please if you are unsure if this will work for you make a backup.
1. Make a backup.(After you have applied this you will not be able to just go back to what you had before/also if for some reason it doesnt work for you it willbe nice to have a backup)
2.Download blacKromemorphv1.zip and place in /sdcard/Androidthemes/ folder on your sdcard.
3.Go to metamorph and choose unzip\extract new theme and choose blackromemorph.
4.Apply theme then rebootand enjoy.​

·
Android Lover
125 Posts
Just put this theme on mu phone and its looking good.
A couple things stand out right away. I love the transparent calendar but could you please do the widget? Also the X in the browser to stop the page from loading is white on white. Awesome that you also did the calculator, not a lot of themes do the calculator and the blue just does not work for me.

·
Themer
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for checking it out i will get both the calendar widget done, and fix that issue in the next update, probably somewhat soon, and I plan on making up a metamorph for all the aspects the theme chooser doesnt get to. Thanks for the reply.

·
Android Apprentice
11 Posts
Noticed in the screenshots the notification bar was black background and white or grey writing. Mine is showing up as black on black. Besides that the theme is tight.

·
Themer
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
"carolina gamecock said:
Noticed in the screenshots the notification bar was black background and white or grey writing. Mine is showing up as black on black. Besides that the theme is tight.
I'm not sure why this happened but I will look into it, your not by chance on a rom that had the ability to change the status bar colors are you? I know that could be almost too simple but just want to make sure.

·
Prepare Your Android
252 Posts
I'm having issues downloading from the mediafire link (which is weird since they are generally pretty solid). Everytime I click on the download text, it refreshes the page. Would it be possible to get a dropbox link, please?

·
Themer
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SpinningHook said:
I'm having issues downloading from the mediafire link (which is weird since they are generally pretty solid). Everytime I click on the download text, it refreshes the page. Would it be possible to get a dropbox link, please?
check your pms

·
Android Lover
125 Posts
Oh man I just noticed that there are notification bar animations, sweet.

·
Themer
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah should have pulsating notifications for mms, gmail, calendar, market, hand cent will pulse but you have to choose the black notification icon, and maybe others I forget oh tweet deck too. I think I'll have an add on meta morph posted tonight hopefully

·
teh Jax
2,677 Posts
I'm really digging this theme although I'm not a fan of the application icons (although that's easy enough to change with ADW or equiv). Two things:
1. I think your Notification Bar Toggle icons for the Flashlight are backwards. When the light is on, you use the "off" icon and when it's off, you use the "on" icon (at least what "off" and "on" are for things like Wifi and BT).
2. I also had the black-on-black text problem until I realized I was running Liquid Thunderbread which allows me to specify the font color. I simply changed it to white and all was fine. It did require a reboot, though. So your suggestion is a good one to toss out there (although I figured this out on my own but it was pretty obvious).

·
Themer
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
bmerrill63 said:
Great looking theme, only issues i saw was that 89% battery was shown in the system but the notification bar still showed 90%.

Thanks for your work!
The theme doesnt currently support 1 percent battery increments but i will try to get that adde in a future update.

carolina gamecock said:
Have you been able to figure this out??? I looked at all my coding and it really shouldnt be happening I know for me when i am on say liquid the color chooser for the status bar will override whatever my theme has the statusbar colors set to. If your still having trouble with this could you post your device and rom maybe i can look at the framework from it and can do something from my end.

Jaxidian said:
I'm really digging this theme although I'm not a fan of the application icons (although that's easy enough to change with ADW or equiv). Two things:
1. I think your Notification Bar Toggle icons for the Flashlight are backwards. When the light is on, you use the "off" icon and when it's off, you use the "on" icon (at least what "off" and "on" are for things like Wifi and BT).
2. I also had the black-on-black text problem until I realized I was running Liquid Thunderbread which allows me to specify the font color. I simply changed it to white and all was fine. It did require a reboot, though. So your suggestion is a good one to toss out there (although I figured this out on my own but it was pretty obvious).
Thank you for noticing the flashlight icons they have been fixed, also as far as icons go I am very grateful there are folks far better than me at making icons because honestly i suck, I just found a style i could duplicate and went with theme a bit.

Also to everyone thank you for all the comments they are greatly appreciated, there has been a minor update posted as well as a metamorph add-on. Not too much but I hope every one enjoys and plan on starting to add more apps here soon so if anyone has any they specifically want post away.

·
Android Enthusiast
777 Posts
"Jatx2wne said:
The theme doesnt currently support 1 percent battery increments but i will try to get that adde in a future update.

Have you been able to figure this out??? I looked at all my coding and it really shouldnt be happening I know for me when i am on say liquid the color chooser for the status bar will override whatever my theme has the statusbar colors set to. If your still having trouble with this could you post your device and rom maybe i can look at the framework from it and can do something from my end.

Thank you for noticing the flashlight icons they have been fixed, also as far as icons go I am very grateful there are folks far better than me at making icons because honestly i suck, I just found a style i could duplicate and went with theme a bit.

Also to everyone thank you for all the comments they are greatly appreciated, there has been a minor update posted as well as a metamorph add-on. Not too much but I hope every one enjoys and plan on starting to add more apps here soon so if anyone has any they specifically want post away.
Hey Jatx, the 1% battery is pretty simple to do, I've got it working on my setup. It shouldn't be that hard to implement.

Just add the pngs in drawable-hdpi and the stat_sys_battery and stat_sys_charging xmls in the drawable folder......oh yeah, make sure you call for them in the android.xml file.

Thanks again for the pointers on the styles.xml file.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.