Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Average Android
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how to get stock e reader to work with CM7? My kids love the read to me and interactive books. If I could get the best of both worlds it would be so awesome.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

·
Android Lover
173 Posts
Sadly it doesn't and probably won't.. something to do with kernels and other stuff if I remember. the are threads @the cm forums that discuss it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Average Android
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So what you are saying is put CM7 on sd and its g2g? Then when I wanna use stock just pull it out and reboot?

·
Android Apprentice
50 Posts
YourAverageJD said:
So what you are saying is put CM7 on sd and its g2g? Then when I wanna use stock just pull it out and reboot?

Thats the basics of it. Just make sure you have the correct setup on the sd.

Sent from my VEGAn-TAB using Tapatalk

·
I just hide here
2,237 Posts
well apparently accord to some CM devs. its a problem with getting into CWR recovery. But they are working on it. so there should a be a fix soon. Where u will be able to boot cm7 officially

·
Android Apprentice
50 Posts
YourAverageJD said:
No dice. It would load up but not reboot. I believe it could be the quality of my SD card.

Did you reset your NC to stock and then try to use the sd card method I linked to? I haven't done our in a few months cause the wife doesn't like it when I mess with her NC. But it was pretty straight forward. I could see there being issue if you have CM7 on nook and try doing this.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
I can confirm the dual boot option works. I have been running each latest (nightly) from CM7 along with nook stock (rooted). You would be able to boot into either straight from eMMC. Once you've done it correctly you just hold "n" and power to boot into stock or just press power to boot into cm7 or any other build you have installed. CM7 stable will install just fine however nightlies need to be modified slightly. Not sure if this has any negative aspect to it (haven't experienced anything) but I simply open a nightly with 7-zip, delete "u-boot.bin", resign the package, copy to SD and install from CWM. The main thing to look out for is the replacement of "u-boot.bin" as this causes the dual boot to be disabled. If you, or anyone needs help with this just pm me and maybe we can set up a gtalk or something. Most details are found throughout xda, you just have to look.

·
Android Apprentice
126 Posts
I'm using a dual boot that actually has a boot menu everytime the tablet comes up. you just pick if you want to boot from the internal, or the uSD and gooooooooo

·
Android Apprentice
50 Posts
noisufnoc said:
I'm using a dual boot that actually has a boot menu everytime the tablet comes up. you just pick if you want to boot from the internal, or the uSD and gooooooooo
The wife has been bugging me to find something like that. Can i get a link to info on this?

·
Supporting Member
67 Posts
noisufnoc said:
I too am very interested in that. Right now the wife is running CM7 and loved it but it would be nice to be able to dual boot so that the kids could do some of the interactive stuff on the stock Nook OS.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts