Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
It is amazing.... no wifi issues and velvet smooth.... i admire you for the amazing work that you have done cm team... feel free to pm me to test or to help in any way I can

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using RootzWiki

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
what is the best way to stay up to date with the nightlies? install using cwm?
I already have the first nightly build installed. Is it ok if I updated my installation every week instead of using the build every day?

·
Registered
Pixel 4a
382 Posts

·
Registered
Pixel 4a
382 Posts
I saw this link somewhere else and I got the same response when I go to the site: 'no nightlies for this devise or cm site is down'.
Try the link now, I seem to have had a problem pasting in the correct url.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I think you should use the most current gapps - 03/17. Be aware, however, that there are acouple of known issues that do not affect everyone, so if you see something not right with 03/17 and the new official nightly ROM, post back here and we can probably point you to the fix.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Have noted a much more stable wifi since getting this nightie. First time in all the cm 9, alpha 2's I have not needed a wifi fixer, or needed to reboot until it finally settled down. Very smooth indeed!

Rick

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Installed the official nightly build, update-cm-9-20120327-NIGHTLY-tenderloin-signed.zip . Used the 03/17 Gapps.zip and all appears well. Did clear cache and Dalvik cache as recommeded by Dalingrin. Will have to play for a few days to see what developes. Bench-marked with Antutu, pulled a score of 5800. Also ran Quadrant and pulled a score of 2800. Watched a Youtube video in both the YT app and the stock browser in HD. Everything is sync'ing, downloaded several updates for installed apps. The only question I have right now is this, has anyone used Dalingrin's Alpha2 dpi zips on a nightly? I've been running CM9 Alpha2 at 120 dpi, and will probably flash this nightly to 120 dpi after testing it for a few days. Just don't want to introduce any bugs by using the 120 dpi.zip on a nightly. BTW, download the rom and gapps via the Goomanager app, worked great. Lastly, as others have suggested, it would really be great to have a change log of what a nightly has in it. That would give one a chance to evaluate new additions and give feedback to the devs.

·
Android Apprentice
53 Posts
Dalingrin said something about this official nightly and here I quote

"This first official nightly is not completely up to date with the unofficial nightly. It will be by the time the next one though"

·
Mojito
44 Posts
call me noob or stupid but I don't understand anything from the changelog links people are posting in this thread! any clear changelog that people like me (non-nerds) can understand?

the only new thing I noticed is the lock animation (which is pretty cool btw). the performance is the same, wifi is still slow when turning it on, etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can't get GAPPS to work after 0327 Nightly. All was well until I installed the 20120327 nightly. I tried installing 0317 version of GAPPS, cleared data for each app, cleared system cache, cleared Dalvick cache but still none of the GAPPS apps will open. They all flash for a second but then revert back to home screen. It appears there is no Google account associated with the install any longer but I can't find a way to enter it in again. Any suggestion beyond what I've tried? Thanks All!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Can't get GAPPS to work after 0327 Nightly. All was well until I installed the 20120327 nightly. I tried installing 0317 version of GAPPS, cleared data for each app, cleared system cache, cleared Dalvick cache but still none of the GAPPS apps will open. They all flash for a second but then revert back to home screen. It appears there is no Google account associated with the install any longer but I can't find a way to enter it in again. Any suggestion beyond what I've tried? Thanks All!
download gapps from http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip, clear system and dalvic cache and reflash this gapps. this solved my problem.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.