Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Android Beginner
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed CM9 on a clean install. Everything worked completely fine until i installed gapps 4.0.3. Now my wifi wont connect at all. It sees the network and everything properly, but when I tap connect it refuses to do anything at all. Anyone else encountered this problem yet? If so is there a workaround?

·
Android Beginner
15 Posts
I installed over 3.5, Worked great and then started getting System UI Not working error, Did factory reset in Clockworkmod and now am getting Authentication errors with wifi. Good luck.

Edit: Turned off protection - Went back into settings and forgot all the saved login info, set them up again and connected without any problems.

Sorry - turned WPA off wireless router and connected

CT

·
Registered
1 Posts
What I had to do was, with wifi on, forget/erase all the networks, then turn it off, then turn it on, and try a few times. Its really sketchy but once it connects and obtains an IP it usually sticks.

My issue is that for some odd reason using wifi on CM9 kills my router's wifi completely until I reboot my router (DDWRT). Its really annoying so I'm just back to WebOS until the next alpha

·
^^
41 Posts
i have the same issue wifi problem , i just install the cm7 3.5 , the problem is , my andoid hp touchpad can not connect to my router , anyone can help , the wireless always say obtaining IP ađress from my provider , then scanning , disconnected , remmebered, secured with WEP. , please help , thanks

·
Android Apprentice
57 Posts
i have had no wifi issues yet on cm9. connects on reboot as it should and i've rebooted numerous times since installation. i have not put it down long enough to see if it works well after deep sleep, lol. very pleased so far.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, the only issue I have with wifi is it keeps "obtaining IP address" then it fails and starts over again. I was able to remedy this in CM7 by changing the device ID/Hostname (Android_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) to something way shorter. Then my touchpad would connect without any issue. My router hates really long hostnames. The problem with CM9 is there's no way to do change it from the settings. Does anyone know if there is a way to do it CM9/ISC be it either a script or otherwise?

·
Banned
55 Posts
No matter how many times I tried, I couldn't install ACMEInstaller2 so I went ahead and wiped my cache and did a reset from clockworkmod. I installed the zip for CM9 then the gapps. Started it up and I haven't had any issues besides the known issues and sometimes having to disable wifi and re-enable it.

·
Android Beginner
10 Posts
I had some odd issues with wifi needing to be reset that I never had with alpha 2.

I ran FXR wifi fix, rebooted into clockwork mod and cleared all the caches (dalvik and otherwise), and now ICS is running with nary a problem, aside from those mentioned by the cm developers.

perhaps those with the wifi needing to be reset problem should try it.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
I had some odd issues with wifi needing to be reset that I never had with alpha 2.

I ran FXR wifi fix, rebooted into clockwork mod and cleared all the caches (dalvik and otherwise), and now ICS is running with nary a problem, aside from those mentioned by the cm developers.

perhaps those with the wifi needing to be reset problem should try it.
I flashed my friends TP with CM9 and its having constant wifi issues. It was a clean install, never had been rooted before. No go on FXR wifi fix or clearing all caches. Next step i guess is full reinstall. My TP had CM7 apha 1-3.5 on it and now CM9, same install with acmeinstaller 2 and im experiencing no wifi issues.

Has anyone else come across any other fixes, market apps or otherwise?

·
Android Apprentice
1,305 Posts
Some people on another thread mentioned fxr wifi fix from the market took care of wifi issues. People may want to try that.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
fxr wifi from market did not work for me
as with others on the main forum the wifi tries to connect on 65mbps link speed even if they are on a g router with 54 mbps
this is breaking the wifi, the key is connection speed 65mbps is breaking my 300mbps router all other speeds are fine

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 54Mbit/s Wi-Fi and the Touchpad connects properly, but after a "random?" time it switches to 65 Mbit/s, but the network can´t handle this.

So it is a g class Wi-Fi.

Here 2 Screenshots

FXR wifi fix does NOT fix anything.

·
Android Apprentice
1,305 Posts
I have a 54Mbit/s Wi-Fi and the Touchpad connects properly, but after a "random?" time it switches to 65 Mbit/s, but the network can´t handle this.

So it is a g class Wi-Fi.

Here 2 Screenshots

FXR wifi fix does NOT fix anything.
I'm sorry to hear that it didn't work for you, but there are users that said it worked for them,. It should be left as a possible fix that people can try.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had major wifi issues as well with my router...it would connect to my Galaxy Nexus wifi tether just fine. Finally went into the router settings and changed the mode from "up to 300mbps" to "up to 54mbps". I also changed the channel from Auto to 3. I forgot where but I read someone mention that switching the channel to one that is below 6 might help. I no longer have any issues connecting to my router! hope this helps someone.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Seems to me that most people experiencing issues with WiFi did not clean up after their CM7 installs. Before installing CM9 you should have done a dalvik cache wipe, format system, format data, and format cache in CWM. I did so and have no WiFi problems at all. Followed those instructions as per Redflea's post on page 60 of the official release thread.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts