Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Cyanogenmod Compiler (CMC) GUI
Build cyanogenmod with a gui.

Known issues:
- Currently no multi-threading, which means when you press sync or compile, there is no loading bar (app looks like its failing, its not.). I am working on that.
(If you want to watch the output of the sync or compile, just open a terminal and type "cmc", I log all to the system.)
- When locking the CMCompiler to the unity launcher you have to logout and log back in refer: ubuntu bug 916098
- Currently there isn't great error logic and dialogs to warn you about everything. Something that is still being working on. Just run from the terminal if you have an issue that you need to report.
- Missing make clean and make installclean. These will be added in the future.

Found bugs to fix v0.1:
- No "/" at the end of custom repo string path.
- Error checking for compile start

*Please any issue that should arise, I apologize in advanced. Please let me know with as much detail as possible to replicate the issue and I will resolve it.

Please read:
I have thought maybe times different ways I was going to go about this. Ads, donate version, paid app, etc. I choose to keep the project open, as that's how I roll. I do ask that if you enjoy the application that you try to donate something. This was my first gui project and took a lot of time and effort to even get it to where it is right now. I hope everyone enjoys the app as much as I enjoy working on it.

Install:
Code:
<br />
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:long-jeremie/ppa<br />
sudo apt-get update<br />
Install daily dev builds:
Code:
<br />
sudo apt-get install cmcompiler-daily<br />
Install daily stable builds:
Note: Not yet available.
Code:
<br />
sudo apt-get install cmcompiler<br />
Note: You cannot have daily and stable at the same time. You can only use either or.

Source code | Bugs | Answers
Build info:
daily-builds

You can follow me on google+ I tend to talk about it a bit on there as well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can't quite compile android on windows and I have not ported this to mac. I don't have a mac I would need someone to help port it if the mac is to be supported. I hope that helps answer your question.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am more focused on a few other things first with the gui. Just about everything is python, so it shouldn't be difficult to port to the mac, just need to create a function for the mac and have a checks when it starts. I imagine it will be supported soon enough.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've done some Python programming and have a Macbook for testing, if you're interested. However, it's been a few years since I did any actual programming; but I might be useful anyway.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've done some Python programming and have a Macbook for testing, if you're interested. However, it's been a few years since I did any actual programming; but I might be useful anyway.
Ok, that would be nice. I know for a fact the two projects couldn't live in the same program. It would have to be separate. The way the package would need to be built, the way the app would act would be totally different from it running in ubuntu. So I think it being two separate projects would be good. Anything tho common in pythons aspect would simply be pulled into the respected program. Send me a message if you are interested in joining me.

thanks!

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Macs run VM's pretty well, grab one and Ubuntu and you'd be good :) Your compile times may be hella slow tho. I gotta figure out if/how I can securely run a VM on my Windows at work without screwing up the computer before I try this. Screwing up a computer that isn't mine would lead to bad things lol.

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
Macs run VM's pretty well, grab one and Ubuntu and you'd be good :) Your compile times may be hella slow tho. I gotta figure out if/how I can securely run a VM on my Windows at work without screwing up the computer before I try this. Screwing up a computer that isn't mine would lead to bad things lol.
I wouldn't recommend it for a VM, it would probably be more consistent to just import the code over, it wouldn't be much if he is already using python, I have no idea what he is using for the GUI.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've looked at the source code, and as far as I can tell after a quick glance it's Python with GTK bindings.
Its using python and gtk. Both of which are available via the mac os. Only issue with the mac version there are slight differences like how the menus are presented, and how the os handles the application.

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
Its using python and gtk. Both of which are available via the mac os. Only issue with the mac version there are slight differences like how the menus are presented, and how the os handles the application.
Well I think the first problem is going to be that you need a separate partition (mounted) that holds source code and thats in the case you have a case sensitive file system. The OS should work with it fine.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.