Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey there I was wondering if you could tell me what software you use to write your python, create GUI and compile to a .deb package. My friend and me made a windows program we wan't to recreate for ubuntu and can't find the appropriate tools any clues or tips would be great :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Hey there I was wondering if you could tell me what software you use to write your python, create GUI and compile to a .deb package. My friend and me made a windows program we wan't to recreate for ubuntu and can't find the appropriate tools any clues or tips would be great :D
gedit to write
and this url for deb > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PackagingGuide/Complete

·
Android Beginner
59 Posts
keep getting this error on ubuntu 10.04 32 bit. did something not get installed properly? i don't need this, i use cl, but i was feeling lazy and this seemed like a cool project. idk if this helps any but i figured since its still in testing i'd report back. lemme know if there's anything i can do to fix this or try out. looks like nice work from the screenshots though! cheers!

i only get this printout when i start it from terminal. the first window with the warning pops up and then disappears when i hit ok and gives this error. just figured out how to post pictures. ha.

[email protected]:~$ cmc
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/share/cmc/prog/cmcompiler.py", line 892, in <module>
go.main()
File "/usr/share/cmc/prog/cmcompiler.py", line 511, in main
get_askConfirm()
File "/usr/share/cmc/prog/cmcompiler.py", line 653, in get_askConfirm
askedClicked()
File "/usr/share/cmc/prog/cmcompiler.py", line 638, in askedClicked
file(askConfirm, 'w').close()
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/nelson/.cmc/ask.confim'
[email protected]:~$

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
keep getting this error on ubuntu 10.04 32 bit. did something not get installed properly? i don't need this, i use cl, but i was feeling lazy and this seemed like a cool project. idk if this helps any but i figured since its still in testing i'd report back. lemme know if there's anything i can do to fix this or try out. looks like nice work from the screenshots though! cheers!

i only get this printout when i start it from terminal. the first window with the warning pops up and then disappears when i hit ok and gives this error. just figured out how to post pictures. ha.

[email protected]:~$ cmc
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/share/cmc/prog/cmcompiler.py", line 892, in <module>
go.main()
File "/usr/share/cmc/prog/cmcompiler.py", line 511, in main
get_askConfirm()
File "/usr/share/cmc/prog/cmcompiler.py", line 653, in get_askConfirm
askedClicked()
File "/usr/share/cmc/prog/cmcompiler.py", line 638, in askedClicked
file(askConfirm, 'w').close()
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/nelson/.cmc/ask.confim'
[email protected]:~$

View attachment 23512
Yea sorry about that, I failed to create the folder during the initial dialog, since I added that dialog last min as a security thing. To fix it just type:
Code:
<br />
mkdir ~/.cmc<br />
Then restart cmc, sorry. Its already fixed on github and will be in the next release.

Fixed here

·
Android Beginner
59 Posts
Haha. Yeah, I actually just tried making the folder myself like that and got it working just didn't post back yet. Glad to see it was resolved. I know a lot of noobs wouldn't really know what to do if it errored out on the first dialog box. Ha. Thanks again!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using RootzWiki

·
Android Beginner
59 Posts
still trying to get this to work on my ubuntu 10.04lts 32bit. new error, i got it to run and sync fine but when i hit compile i get the following dialog box error, nothing in terminal, and all of it regardless of whether I have working adb running or not... :-/

Product Font Rectangle Screenshot Software

Edit: and just tried new 0.3 and now i get this:
Rectangle Font Parallel Circle Software

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
still trying to get this to work on my ubuntu 10.04lts 32bit. new error, i got it to run and sync fine but when i hit compile i get the following dialog box error, nothing in terminal, and all of it regardless of whether I have working adb running or not... :-/

View attachment 23573

Edit: and just tried new 0.3 and now i get this:
View attachment 23574

Please install this and let me know if this works. Might be because you are using an older python interpreter and I was trying to run compiled python. Here is one without the pyc files.

http://www.mediafire.com/?w3oqkw5ocktgpil

Please report back.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I don't think this is to do with your program, maybe my setup? but I can't sync to repo I get hangs
http://slethen.net/cmc/hangs.png
Maybe just let it go? How long have you let it sit there, sometimes it does background work while syncing and you don't see anything. Are you syncing with more then one job? like "repo sync -j[#]" For best results in linux should keep it at -j1, you can also try this edit:
Code:
<br />
sudo sysctl -w net.ipv4.tcp_window_scaling=0<br />

·
Registered
16 Posts
Maybe just let it go? How long have you let it sit there, sometimes it does background work while syncing and you don't see anything. Are you syncing with more then one job? like "repo sync -j[#]" For best results in linux should keep it at -j1, you can also try this edit:
Code:
<br />
sudo sysctl -w net.ipv4.tcp_window_scaling=0<br />
Left it for 7 hours lol. I ran the command you gave me and updated CMC got a load of fatal errors. Ran
sudo rm -r .cmc then reinstalled seems to be working. By the way new interface is great!​

·
Registered
4 Posts
awesome work!
how long does it usually take to compile? mine is working for an hour now. In the beginning there was a notice that it has started compiling but nothing has happened since then.

·
failure at life
67 Posts
Can't quite compile android on windows and I have not ported this to mac. I don't have a mac I would need someone to help port it if the mac is to be supported. I hope that helps answer your question.
Hi,

I'm by no means a programmer, but I do have a mac, and generally know my way around the command line, so I can try looking into this.

Cheers :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
awesome work!
how long does it usually take to compile? mine is working for an hour now. In the beginning there was a notice that it has started compiling but nothing has happened since then.
If you are using ubuntu should have an app indicator running. Tho I have only tested that on ubuntu 12.04. Pending on the PC could take anywhere from 30mins to 6 hours to compile.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you are using ubuntu should have an app indicator running. Tho I have only tested that on ubuntu 12.04. Pending on the PC could take anywhere from 30mins to 6 hours to compile.
thanks, and how do i see if it's doing anything? I don't want to wait 6hours just to find out it didn't compile anything.
another question: anyone an idea why repo is initialized always in /home/USERNAME and not in the path i had chosen before? any idea how to fix that?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
repo sync
Code:
<br />
ps -ef |grep repo |grep sync<br />
compile
Code:
<br />
ps -ef |grep make |grep brunch<br />
As for your repo_path. No idea, by default it uses ~/.cmc/build if you changed it you can check in "setup" and press the view config button.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts