Android OS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
The Jittery Gentleman
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all.

I've been trying like mad to get JB (AOSP, Liquid, Bugless) to build in Mint 13 (cinnamon) but for some reason I always seem to run in to one error it another. I know this is a bug task but I was wondering if anybody could give me some suggestions for issues that they possibly ran into or if you felt so inclined write a how-to (I'd be willing to donate at this point)

I'm following the usual steps for setting up. Tried using the andadb.sh script to get everything installed but it ended up giving me openJDK instead of OracleJDK 7, which someone told me would fix my issues. Either way, I'm absolutely stumped at this point.

Thanks in advance for any help that can be offered!

·
The Jittery Gentleman
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You and me both buddy. LOL
ALRIGHT!! I got it. I had to kind of do a dance all over about 6 walkthroughs and get some advice from Yarly but I believe I have it successfully compiling right now! You MUST install java sun 6. OpenJDK will not work for compiling JB. It's also worth noting that there are a few updated notes on the AOSP site that help install some necessities I have yet to see listed anywhere else.

The basic process I followed started with a fresh install of Mint 13 followed by all the distro updates and such. Once all that was done I proceeded to download and run andadb.sh (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1459945) I chose to run each option individually instead of doing the full install. After that finished I strolled over to the aosp site (http://source.android.com/source/initializing.html) and ran the commands to install Sun JDK 6. I then ran the dependencies for Ubuntu 12.04. And I think thats it. I'll update if I remember I forgot anything but that should do it. Let me know if anybody else gets it up and running!

·
The Jittery Gentleman
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glad to hear. I am goign through the process now. Although using another set of setup instructions. Will let you know..lol
Please do man! My setup process is about as fragmented as they come haha. What set of instructions are you following?

·
Themer
449 Posts
Alright, it definitely worked!
Awesome. I left mine downloading the JB Master source. So no results til I get hoem later today..

I had tried that very script you talked about a couple days ago, but end result never got Mint 13 to compile. (Newbie Linux user)

I will post links and such after i am done with compile.

·
The Jittery Gentleman
1,760 Posts
Awesome. I left mine downloading the JB Master source. So no results til I get hoem later today..

I had tried that very script you talked about a couple days ago, but end result never got Mint 13 to compile. (Newbie Linux user)

I will post links and such after i am done with compile.
I found that andadb is a nice platform to to start getting everything ready with, then do all the other steps. You need to install the sun jdk 6 over everything otherwise it will never work. I just followed the instructions on the aosp site after running a dB then followed all the rest of the instructions for Ubuntu 12.04 (which mint 13 is based on)

Also, simply syncing aosp jb won't build a fully working version I don't believe. I snagged peteralfonsos bugless beast source to test everything out as he has everything already fixed to just build if you are set up correctly. Try it out!

Head over to this link! Just follow the directions on the aosp website for syncing source except don't pull from their repo. Use his instead! https://github.com/peteralfonso/platform_manifest

·
The Jittery Gentleman
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will. just I followed a different set of instructions. LOL I will know more once i get home.

Glad your mint worked... I was goign to use Bugless anyways..

I can have more than one set of sources right? I can have Stock AOSP and Bugless?? Not sure how to do that..
oh yeah absolutely! Just make sure when you create another directory for bug less after aosp you make a new directory from your home folder. After that all you'll have to do is CD to whichever source you want to build from

·
The Jittery Gentleman
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mine compiled. But I dont see a zip listed.. I thought i ran across somethign that says it can compile and put into a zip.

Stupid questions, where is all the compile apk's?

Downloading Bugless Beast now..
Usually it'll be in out/product/toro. You can also choose to compile individual apk's using the "make " and they will be outputted in the same folder! Very handy for theming haha. Saves a lot of time.

·
The Jittery Gentleman
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
so we build full-eng or full_toro-userdebug??

how do we make only a apk?

I have downloaded Bugless Beast..

how did you get yours to build into a zip file.
Build for full toro userdebug!

Once you've initiated the build and selected full toro user debug you will want to issue the command "make otapackage" package without the parentheses. You will also want to possibly add "-j8" or "-j6" or some variation depending on your computer and how many cores or threads it has. I'm still a bit unsure on this part of things.

To make an individual apk just enter "make mms" or "make systemUI" depending on the app you want to build. Should have a shiny new app in out/product/toro!!

If you use the make otapackage it will, assuming everything compiles correctly and doesn't error out, leave you with a flash able zip in out/product/toro!!

Try it out and let me know what happens!

·
Schmaticum
136 Posts
I keep getting the an error when building.

You are attempting to build with the incorrect version
of java.

Your version is: java version "1.6.0_24".
The correct version is: Java SE 1.6.

Please follow the machine setup instructions at
https://source.android.com/source/download.html

It seems like I have a variation of Java 6 but I am not sure how to correct this.

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
no, you have openjdk.

Code:
<br />
<br />
[email protected]:~# which java<br />
/usr/bin/java<br />
<br />
[email protected]:~# ls -l /usr/bin/java<br />
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 22 May 29 2011 /usr/bin/java -> /etc/alternatives/java<br />
<br />
[email protected]:~# ls -l /etc/alternatives/java<br />
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 36 Jun 5 03:58 /etc/alternatives/java -> /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/jre/bin/java<br />
<br />
[email protected]:~# java -version<br />
java version "1.6.0_26"<br />
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_26-b03)<br />
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.1-b02, mixed mode)<br />
<br />

·
Schmaticum
136 Posts
no, you have openjdk.

Code:
<br />
<br />
[email protected]:~# which java<br />
/usr/bin/java<br />
<br />
[email protected]:~# ls -l /usr/bin/java<br />
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 22 May 29 2011 /usr/bin/java -> /etc/alternatives/java<br />
<br />
[email protected]:~# ls -l /etc/alternatives/java<br />
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 36 Jun 5 03:58 /etc/alternatives/java -> /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/jre/bin/java<br />
<br />
[email protected]:~# java -version<br />
java version "1.6.0_26"<br />
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_26-b03)<br />
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.1-b02, mixed mode)<br />
<br />
Thanks for the response, I just found out how to install Sun java 6 on linux 12.04 here. Everything seems to be working now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts