Android OS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering, will we still be able to overclock the touchpad when running android?

The touchpad works great especially when overclocked (helps greatly with flash intensive sites and HD videos where the format is not GPU accelerated)

·
Android Apprentice
107 Posts
dal did a great job with OC kernels for the nook color, id be surprised if there wasnt some oc options when cm releases their build

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
Overclocking is kernel related. The ROM has almost no influence on the ability to overclock. There will be overclocking kernels available but not at the moment since stability is the key and having a kernel running stock speeds alleviates any potential issues and bugs. So, all in all, wait it out and it'll be there ;)

Sent from my Incredible 2 using RootzWiki Forums

·
Android Apprentice
48 Posts
ProTekk This posting and the one you link too has been very helpful. I'm new to a lot of this, so please excuse my simple question but -- will the CM7 installation overwrite the current Kernel if we are using F-15 or Warthog? Do you recommend (I am betting they may point this out in the FAQ to install once it's available) to overwrite the HP TouchPad or at least uninstall the preware patches , or even with a CM7 install (dual boot) that this won't be an issue? Obviously nothing can be 100% answered until CyanogenMod is finished but I just curious and you seem knowledgeable.

Thanks.

·
Android Lover
883 Posts
With the exception of maybe the boot partition, CM7 installs in it's own partitions and does not alter your webOS kernel.

·
Android Apprentice
28 Posts
Athorax said:
Almost certaintly the cm7 release kernel will have 1.7+ as an option with probably 1.2/1.5 as stock
Actually, I got confirmation from green on his youtube channel that the release kernel is at 1.2, but he did say there is a good possibility they would figure out oc'ing in good time.

·
Android Lover
883 Posts
david said:
Actually, I got confirmation from green on his youtube channel that the release kernel is at 1.2, but he did say there is a good possibility they would figure out oc'ing in good time.
+1.

OC kernels will be available when most things work.

·
Android Apprentice
28 Posts
androideric said:
ProTekk This posting and the one you link too has been very helpful. I'm new to a lot of this, so please excuse my simple question but -- will the CM7 installation overwrite the current Kernel if we are using F-15 or Warthog? Do you recommend (I am betting they may point this out in the FAQ to install once it's available) to overwrite the HP TouchPad or at least uninstall the preware patches , or even with a CM7 install (dual boot) that this won't be an issue? Obviously nothing can be 100% answered until CyanogenMod is finished but I just curious and you seem knowledgeable.

Thanks.
The CM7 install is going to setup the machine to DUAL BOOT, i.e. the webOS is not going to be harmed. You will have the same kernel and govnah installed and available to boot into as you did before the install.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts