Is there something similiar to Conky for Android? If not, would it be difficult/possible to port?
http://conky.sourceforge.net/Conky has more than 300 built in objects, including support for:
- a plethora of OS stats (uname, uptime, CPU usage, mem usage, disk usage, "top" like process stats, and network monitoring, just to name a few)
- built in IMAP and POP3 support
- built in support for many popular music players (MPD, XMMS2, BMPx, Audacious)
- can be extended using built in Lua support, or any of your own scripts and programs
- built in Imlib2 and Cairo bindings for arbitrary drawing with Lua
... and much much more.