Android OS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I would jump into some kernel work as well as help with rom porting. I have experience with the D2G, Kaiser and the u8150 with porting. I would love to get a samsung phone to play with as I currently have none, my only phone atm is my droid 2 global i've been working on. It sucks having your dev phone be your main. Also I wotuld bring the work I do with the kernel to the D2G that is knowledge I did not have previously. It is win win for both devices if I receive one.

Edit: I would also probably try to figure out some mods to do with it to make use of the unbrickable mod. I mean if the phone has it I may as well try to do some crazy shit with it. Course that doesnt mean purposefully try to brick it lol

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
AndyFox2011 said:
I would prove that US phones do not work on UK networks, then get a stock rom and build up the rom from there, when I'm finished pass it to another dev
They do if it the radio has the proper radio frequency. Hence why my Droid 2 Global's radio comes with a Vodaphone SIM

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
AndyFox2011 said:
Hmmm might import my next phone from the USA
Yeah, lots of people use US phones in the UK and elsewhere. It also works vice versa. Just make sure it has the frequencies your network uses and you will be good to go. Might need to edit some settings in the radio if its CDMA but other than that, there won't be any issues. To do those radio edits use QPST or cdma workshop

1 - 3 of 3 Posts