Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mod Type:: Kernel Module

Difficulty:: Moderate

Mod Base:: AOSP

Mod Status:: Beta

Apply In:: Other (See Description)

Requires Root:: Yes

Source::
This should be in Dev section, but applies to both devices. :)
===================================================================

TEAM JBK presents.....

boostedASSv2
A modified smartassv2 experience!
========================================================================================​
This is based in part on the port done by First Encounter for the DX. I have discovered that it will also compile for the other DROID devices that were available at the time of the port. I went further to tweak the stock smartassv2, as I felt that it was to CPU needy, with the transisition ideal freq at 800MHz!! Not a very good frequency to be set for ideal, at resting awake state. I further dived into the code and changed majority of the other frequencies, and transistions-based on my conservative tweaks made from PowerBoost. I will have the comparison of smartassv2 vs boostedassv2 in the 2nd post.

SOURCE TO COMPILE :

Is available at https://github.com/T...BK/boostedASSv2 and is cloneable by typing the following commands into terminal in linux:
Code:
<br />
DIR=~/android<br />
mkdir -p android<br />
cd android<br />
(DIR and the mkdir can be replaced for wherever you want the directory to be)<br />
git clone [URL=https://github]https://github[/URL].com/TeamJBK/boostedASSv2<br />
which will pull the code down from github and place it in $DIR/boostedASSv2 for you.

Here is the README that will be in your boostedASSv2 directory, which includes the neccesary source and compiling instructions.
!!!!Note that the directories typed out are only an example and should be modified to where your corresponding source is.!!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
####################################################################

boostedASSv2

# A modified smartassv2 governor experience

####################################################################

/*
* Currently works with DROID X, DROID X2, DROID 2/G, DROID 3, DROID BIONIC,
* and DROID RAZR
* Other DROID devices may compile but may not actually work and are untested
*/

/*
* Pre-reqs:
* ---------
* !! Must have Android Source on system
* !! Must have device kernel on system and compiled (available on SourceForge)
*/

===========================::Compiling::==============================

#cd to your directory (~/android/boostedASSv2 will be used in this tut)

cd ~/android/boostedASSv2

#edit the makefile to point to to the toolchain from source [CCPATH] and your compiled device kernel source [KERNEL__DIR]
# my toolchain from source is in WORKING_DIRECTORY

CCPATH := ~/android/WORKING_DIRECTORY/prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-eabi-4.2.1/bin
KERNEL_DIR ?= ~/android/dxkernel/omap3

#execute it

make

#remove intermediate files

make strip

#PROFIT
You will then have two .ko files in your directory, cpufreq_boostedASS2.ko and symsearch.ko.
These modules go into your /system/lib/modules directory.
NOTE!!!!!- If you are using Wizard's bootmenu, you do NOT need symsearch.ko as his is loaded already via the boot.

To run the module execute these commands in terminal after gaining root access and mounting system r/w:
Code:
<br />
busybox insmod /system/lib/modules/symsearch.ko<br />
busybox insmod /system/lib/modules/cpufreq_boostedASS2.ko<br />
This method will not survive a reboot. Create an init.d script in /system/etc/init.d/ and place the following text in it:
Code:
<br />
#!/system/bin/sh<br />
<br />
#You dont need this command if you have bootmenu in your rom(from Wizardof0s)<br />
busybox insmod /system/lib/modules/symsearch.ko<br />
<br />
#You definitely need this one<br />
busybox insmod /system/lib/modules/cpufreq_boostedASS2.ko<br />
<br />
#If you want boostedASSv2 set as default then this one too<br />
busybox echo boostedASSv2 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/scaling_governor<br />
<br />
Set the permissions to match the rest of the init.d scripts and reboot :)

SCEW THAT! I WANT IT NOW AND DON'T WANT TO TYPE ANYTHING!

Well, than you are in luck :) Wizardof0s is placing this in his bootmenu for you MIUI users(as the source is already there for it), and I'm sure the upcoming bootmenu that will be used, will contain it as well (TALK TO YOUR ROM DEV-NOT ME).

Oh, and you can download it here as well. :)
Just download and flash in recovery, and it will load and select the gov as your default.
(If you dont want it as your default open /system/etc/init.d/99cpu and place a # in front of the insmod command)

======================================================================================
LINKS
Please note that ONLY the modules and the init.d script are in these zips. They are not flashable. Please follow the directions above :)
goo.im/devs/BMc08GT/TeamJBK/boostedASS2 will be the new home for downloads. Moved DX zip to here as well as follows the above suit.

Links are in DX section. Please post all questions and comments there
HERE

All Donations are gladly appreciated and cherished. Makes me know you guys like my work. Show me the love <3

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.