Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
53 Posts
"tampavib said:
it kills any app by long pressing the'' back'' button.kills app but the background process continues for some reason.there a glitch in cm7 code i believe....
Ah, ok that makes sense, i will disable and see if it helps! Thank you

·
Average Android
54 Posts
tampavib said:
it kills any app by long pressing the'' back'' button.kills app but the background process continues for some reason.there a glitch in cm7 code i believe....
Flash Glitch and see if it gets rid of the glitch... err, sorry I couldn't help myself, lol....

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
I've been on Project V for awhile now and I'm afraid to try CM. O don't want to fix what's not broken but I am curious to try it out.

Sent from my Samsung Vibrant using Tapatalk

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
tampavib said:
Project V is nice,I was an original edt fan since December but cm7 is so customizable and super smooth.Cm7 is probably the best out there right now.Just nanadroid your rom,odin to stock, flash overstock kernel, then nighly and you're there man..
Is there really a lot of issues with it like everyone says it should I just drink the koolaid already?

·
Tahn...Tahn..Tahn..Ni..Na..Na..Na..Na..
2,224 Posts
dklimah said:
Is there really a lot of issues with it like everyone says it should I just drink the koolaid already?

Drink it with lots of ice,it's hot lately lol.The only issue for me is gps.If you follow the proper steps,that's the only issue you should have(there's an app for that!).

·
Average Android
54 Posts
tampavib said:
Drink it with lots of ice,it's hot lately lol.The only issue for me is gps.If you follow the proper steps,that's the only issue you should have(there's an app for that!).
But some, if your lucky are getting amazing GPS on it. Depends on the phone I guess. My GPS unfortunately has re-arranged and changed its 3 letters into GPOS.... lol

·
2,224 Posts
I always have gps off like it doesn't exist anymore. I got tired of flashing nightlies and installing the whole process almost every day.I get semi accurate readings just using the triangular network (just T-Mobile) and I'm off by half a block or so without gps.The phone won't sleep as soon as gps kicks in anyways inducing massive battery drainage ..

·
Average Android
54 Posts
tampavib said:
I always have gps off like it doesn't exist anymore. I got tired of flashing nightlies and installing the whole process almost every day.I get semi accurate readings just using the triangular network (just T-Mobile) and I'm off by half a block or so without gps.The phone won't sleep as soon as gps kicks in anyways inducing massive battery drainage ..
Kinda off-topic, but:
I broke down and just got a 20 channel WAAS enabled BT GPS Receiver unit like the one at this link. Gives 1 foot accuracy for minimal cost in return. Hell if this phone had a GPS option at launch and they said the GPS model was only $25 more, I would have gotten it, so I figure paying the extra $25 now for very accurate GPS results is well worth it, especially considering that the BT radio is friendlier on your battery than the gps radio is.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390334750068&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

The cool thing is CM7 just patched in GPS via Bluetooth support a few weeks ago and supposedly works very well and gives up to 1 foot accuracy. Well see I guess...

·
2,224 Posts
SkOrPn said:
Kinda off-topic, but:
I broke down and just got a 20 channel WAAS enabled BT GPS Receiver unit like the one at this link. Gives 1 foot accuracy for minimal cost in return. Hell if this phone had a GPS option at launch and they said the GPS model was only $25 more, I would have gotten it, so I figure paying the extra $25 now for very accurate GPS results is well worth it, especially considering that the BT radio is friendlier on your battery than the gps radio is.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390334750068&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

The cool thing is CM7 just patched in GPS via Bluetooth support a few weeks ago and supposedly works very well and gives up to 1 foot accuracy. Well see I guess...
Looks interesting let us know how it works out for you

·
Android Apprentice
53 Posts
Does look very interesting, will look into it more. Also would love to hear your feed back!

·
Average Android
54 Posts
tampavib said:
Has anybody flashed in gingerbread bootloaders yet.I'm curious on the benefits.
People claim it has better battery and a slightly more stable overall function, but at the loss of accessing the external sdcard, if that even matters to you...

EDIT: This is just what I have read and do not have the experience to know for sure. But I am also going to GB Bootloaders soon to find out for myself. lol

·
Average Android
54 Posts
tampavib said:
Scorpion did you receive your 20 ch waas gps yet.How's it working?
Yeah I got it and it works Ok I guess, not exactly what I had hoped though, but its always within 7 feet accurate according to GPS Test and other apps, but according to Google maps the little blue dot is barely within 20 feet and sometimes MUCH further than that. I'm still working on getting it supported natively as I was wrong, CM7 does not currently support BT GPS yet and we need 3rd party apps from the Market like "Bluetooth GPS Provider" in order for the ROM/Apps to use the External GPS device. I'm starting to think my phone is just super shy and private and doesn't want anyone to know where she is....

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
I agree with the batt issue being a little "sucky" (pun intended) and there are some things I miss about my last ROM (NexGen v2 ROM with Bali 1.8.8 Kernel) but I'm going to try to stick this one out. I've stuck with the RC and semi-cured my "flash madness" with the nightlies, but like any addict, I keep watching the results of them. The Theme Changer was a surprise I will admit. Jury's still out on what I think of it. Kinda don't like the lack of power down/device remains on when charging and the broken data issue (that can be fixed by toggling airplane mode on/off). All in all I've tweaked it as much as I dare to until it's stable. I use it as a daily and don't deter from it but I carry 2 phones the other a Nexus S (still prefer the Vibe because it's my personal vs the Nexus being business) so I guess I don't have a big fear of it messing up too much.

Gps isn't an issue for me since I hardly use it since I haven't seen a device that measured up to the Garminfone I used to own. I mean it works, just doesn't do the best job of "locking" precisely.

Oh, lack of "download mode" just makes it so I have to take a few extra steps but... I guess with this ROM, all the good out weighs the small amount of bad... IMO.

·
Average Android
54 Posts
tampavib said:
#84 has charge off mode and oc revised kernel to 1.3 gHz.
Stock kernel now goes to 1.3ghz? which app is used for stock kernel voltage control or setcpu?

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.