Android OS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so on cm7 I updated my cement but it wont stick after I reboot it goes back to 2.xx

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Android Apprentice
36 Posts
mine will not stick either, I also have done it through ROM Manager.

·
Android Nut
2,611 Posts
Adam Metzner said:
You have to use rom manager to boot into the new ver. If you hit power and recovery it still uses the older ver.
this is not true. you are having the problem of it not sticking. it has been reported by several users in the main cm7 thread. people have reported a couple different methods that worked for them to get it to stick. i recall one poster saying he flashed the old recovery, then the new one and that made it stick.

also, make sure you have the latest rom manager. it has been updated 3 times in the past couple days.

·
Android Apprentice
12 Posts
did you guys reflash the CWM with Droid X (2nd init) and not Droid X ?

your CWM on reboot should be orange and not the regular green

·
Android Apprentice
83 Posts
What worked for me was flashing the old recovery, then flash the new recovery and after it flashes the new recovery exit Rom Manager, then reboot into recovery via power button method. Hopefully this works for others.

Sent from Hex's DX

·
Themer
332 Posts
cid` said:
did you guys reflash the CWM with Droid X (2nd init) and not Droid X ?

your CWM on reboot should be orange and not the regular green
same here mine is orange and shows clockworkmod recovery v4.0.0.5 also it kinda takes longer to boot into recovery im not sure why but it does boot it up

·
Android Apprentice
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
IM not really worried as much as curious thanks for the help going to go test see if I can get things booming

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Android Nut
2,611 Posts
BrentBlend said:
Is this recovery only for premium users? I don't have premium and I can't find any recovery over 2.5.0.7 so I kind of just assume it's a premium thing...
dont think it's premium only. you just open rom manager and click on "flash clockworkmod recovery", then choose droid x 2nd init, and it will flash the new recovery v4.0.0.5

·
Sorry, I must be new here
1,187 Posts
razorloves said:
dont think it's premium only. you just open rom manager and click on "flash clockworkmod recovery", then choose droid x 2nd init, and it will flash the new recovery v4.0.0.5
ahhhh thank you!

I assumed it was unavailable since it said the current and latest versions were the same :/
Just flashed...Let's see if there are any bugs xD

·
Themer
332 Posts
BrentBlend said:
ahhhh thank you!

I assumed it was unavailable since it said the current and latest versions were the same :/
Just flashed...Let's see if there are any bugs xD
yeah see thats what i thot at first and finally i clicked flash cwm and oh snap a menu lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts