Super Amazing Elite Recognized Developer
523 Posts

·
? - ???
1,158 Posts
:) bookmarked until mine arrives

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

·
Riding the Android Wonka-vator to the top....
391 Posts
Thanks, Birdman! Worked like a charm!!

·
Average Android
446 Posts
just got mine from gamestop... can't find the JBsu zip.. all llinks seem to be dead.. anyone have them they can't post?

·
Just Some Guy
1,436 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Download: http://goo.im/devs/b...er-recovery.img

After oem unlocking and rebooting....

reboot immediately to recovery

to keep cwm perm:
- mount system
- adb shell
- cd /system
- mv recovery-from-boot.p recovery-from-boot.bak

for root, flash this - http://static.clockw.../JB-SuperSU.zip

far as i can tell, this fully works, i've done a nandroid backup and restore and all that jazz.
adb shell isn't working from CWM. Works when booted. Anyone got ideas why? Yes, I searched and got only this thread and another unrelated. adb works fine when booted all the way up. Everything else works great.

·
? - ???
1,158 Posts
Will be doing this after I get off at 4am. Would have when ups dropped it off but I was already an hour and a half late waiting on delivery. Don't think my boss believed me when I told him I'll be late unless ups showed up before my shift. XD

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

·
I love goodly syntax
391 Posts
adb shell isn't working from CWM. Works when booted. Anyone got ideas why? Yes, I searched and got only this thread and another unrelated. adb works fine when booted all the way up. Everything else works great.
adb shell didn't work for me either. adb loses the device, even after killing and restarting the adb server. i can always fastboot flash it again if i absolutely need recovery again at this point, but it would be nice to get my cwm permanent.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thank you for this! I had no idea what I was doing as I've usually just used tool kits. After having a bad experience with my Kindle Fire I decided that I was going to try rooting without tool kits. I got hung up on the "mount system" part, but quickly pulled my head out of my ass and figured it out. I don't see me using tool kits anymore.

·
I love goodly syntax
391 Posts
CWM 6 is official now, so if adb shell didn't work in recovery, you can open rom manager, flash CWM, boot into recovery, then when you hit "reboot system" it will ask if you want to disable recover flash. Say yes, and CWM is now permanent.

·
Registered
21 Posts
CWM 6 is official now, so if adb shell didn't work in recovery, you can open rom manager, flash CWM, boot into recovery, then when you hit "reboot system" it will ask if you want to disable recover flash. Say yes, and CWM is now permanent.
I just did this and for the life of me, I can't get it to boot into recovery from cold boot. Just sits at Google with the unlock icon. CWM asked me to disable recovery flash, i said yes, and then it did its thing and booted back into the system. I turned it off, held volume down + power, chose recovery, and it just sits there

Any idea why?

EDIT: I should note that within the ClockWorkMod application, I can tell it to boot into recovery and it does so. When I reboot back into the system from CWM recovery it does not ask me to rename the stock recovery.

·
Android Ninja
270 Posts

·
Kitten Punter
2,808 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts