Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running the new CM 1.8 with the MR2 (.802) radio and am having some signal issues. I was wondering if there was a better radio to use with this version? If so, where can I download.

Thanks!

·
Android Apprentice
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One more question Mustang if you don't mind me asking. I noticed you are running the Imoseyon Lean 3.71 Kernel. CM 1.8 came with a kernel 2.6.35.14-cyanogenmod+slayer!homebrewed #7. Is their any benefits to flashing your kernel over mine??? Forgive me I'm a newbie! Thanks for your help Mustang.

·
Premium Member
7,690 Posts
vh5150 said:
One more question Mustang if you don't mind me asking. I noticed you are running the Imoseyon Lean 3.71 Kernel. CM 1.8 came with a kernel 2.6.35.14-cyanogenmod+slayer!homebrewed #7. Is their any benefits to flashing your kernel over mine??? Forgive me I'm a newbie! Thanks for your help Mustang.
Imoseyon makes awesome kernels for one and for two it lets me stay on stock clocking but undervolt it using his speedtweak script via terminal. I have used the stock kernel from CM7 and Tiamat and Imoseyon and the one I always revert back to is Imoseyon!

·
Premium Member
7,690 Posts
vh5150 said:
Done! Do I need to go into the CM performance settings and set on boot? Also, do I need to delete that kernel zip file off my sd card? Thanks Mustang.
I always ensure it is checked to set on boot. Also you can keep the zip or delete it. I typically keep the latest kernel and CM version I am on JUST INCASE I need it and don't want to find the link again.

·
Android Apprentice
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I left the zip file of my mr2 radio out on the root of my sdcard after installation and everytime I tried to get to recovery mode it kept wanting to run the update again and again. Caused a major headache. I'm just trying to make sure the same thing doesn't happen leaving a kernel zip file out there.

·
Premium Member
7,690 Posts
vh5150 said:
I left the zip file of my mr2 radio out on the root of my sdcard after installation and everytime I tried to get to recovery mode it kept wanting to run the update again and again. Caused a major headache. I'm just trying to make sure the same thing doesn't happen leaving a kernel zip file out there.
Nope cause it's not a PG05IMG.zip. I personally made a folder called ROMs on my SD card and leave all the ROM/Kernel .zip files I want in there. Makes them easy to find/flash.

·
Android Apprentice
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Smart!!! I've done the same. Thanks for everything Mustang. I ended up going with option 2 in speedtweak, I like having that little extra speed. Hopefully this is ok?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts