Android OS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I for one would gladly donate some cash and help with testing a CM7 flash and subsequent nightlies for this phone. Picking it up tomorrow. I know for a fact that the people that have it early and have rooted are unable to tether without the plan for it. Also, people who have the new droid 2 gingerbread update are unable to do the same without having a custom ROM like CM running on it. Who else is interested in making this happen for the Bionic??

·
Android Beginner
136 Posts
I know I am interested. Dev's will get it done gradually. Let's just hope the bootloader can be unlocked like the atrix/photon. Not sure if anyone has tried, but it would be awesome. I am just beating around the bush trying to decide if I want to get it or not... :/

·
Android Lover
455 Posts
You should get a recovery aka CWM before we talk about CM

Sent from my Droid using RootzWiki Forums

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
CM on the Bionic is going to face the same uphill battle that it did for the Mecha. The issue is the RIL for the LTE radio. Given that this is a whole new chipset/radio combo I am extremely doubtful that you will see any serious CM work on this. At least not until ICS source is released which will contain the LTE RIL (Assuming of course that the rumors about the Prime shipping with LTE pan out).

·
Android Apprentice
30 Posts
The skin on the Bionic is not bad. I especially like the Car Dock mode. I was a huge fan of CM7 on my thunderbolt because I detest Sense, but I can definitely live with the moto build.

·
Banned
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, honestly this version of blur and especially gingerbread are really not too bad. I have not had nearly as many issues with bugginess, lagging or random restarts/blackouts as I did with my droid 2 before it was rooted. The only thing that sucks really is inability to tether.

·
Android Apprentice
138 Posts
i agree i will miss some of the features like the notification toggles but not having them is something i can live with. other than the pentile screen i must say im very impressed so far.

·
Somebody hates me but you can't please everyon
113 Posts
I won't br flashing from stock unless hdmi mirror mode is gonna work on custom roms. Gonna be a deal breaker for this phone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
Nusince...look at code developed for 700mhz radios via ubiquiti, gateworks, etc router boards i played with alot of these until i got them to work right

1 - 13 of 13 Posts