Android OS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Supporting Member
431 Posts
I don't know about you, but when I go to settings->about phone, my "Mod version" says CyanogenMod-7.1.0.

Edit: I'm on the original CM Beta that cvpcs released here.

Edit 2: I posted this on Droid-Life and got this response from someone named tanknspank:
When building from CM source, the package name is generated automatically. At some point, the source version was updated to 7.1.0, in preparation for releases like this. Cvpcs's builds are built from this source, so the mod version was generated as being 7.1.0. Doesn't mean you are running an official release of 7.1.0 like a RC or Final or anything like that.
Sorry for any confusion!

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
A RC is built by the maintainer as opposed to the build-bot whenever the maintainer gets the time or feels it's right. Though a RC for DX might be reliant on getting it up to speed & fixing broken functionality. I still haven't seen any DX commits merged to source.
It's really just a snapshot of development anyway & the next nightly is always the newer source.

·
I just hide here
2,237 Posts
All I can say now is rofl!!!!! But on a side note Poons right. At this point there wont he official rcs for cm4dx until pcs gets all the bug fixes done. And he's been busy the past week his last commit was on tbr 21st but I talked to him the day before yesterday and he's back and working mms fix should be included in tonight's nightly. And well see what else pops up

Sent from mi dx

·
Supporting Member
183 Posts
My understanding was that prior to the RC release their nightlies were over 100. So we may have a bit of a wait on our hands. On the other hand our nightlies started with their experience so maybe not.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 31 Posts