Mod Type:: Application

Difficulty:: Easy

Mod Base:: CyanogenMod

Mod Status:: Beta

Apply In:: CWM Recovery

Requires Root:: Yes

Android Version:: 4.0.4 (ICS)

Source:: https://github.com/CM9-D2G
So I noticed both ShadowICS and EncounterICS seemed kind of abandoned and thought I would pick up CM9 DX builds also since I'm doing the D2G builds so without further ado.....

CyanogenMod 9 for DX

Disclaimer: I am not responsible if your phone randomly bursts into flames, starts howling like a wookie, or does anything else weird.

What works/doesn't work:
I have no idea what does not work at this point. Most everything does work though. If you need to know what doesn't then look through the last few pages of this thread or this thread.

READ THE THREAD BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS. CHANCES ARE IT HAS ALREADY BEEN ANSWERED.

Downloads
Builds are spread out over several different locations and the one here may not always be the latest.​

http://synibox.info/synik4l/x13thangelx/DX/CM9-DX-08192012.zip
md5sum: 9e37927668cbc31d974bbef25aa24f73

Gapps:​
http://goo-inside.me/gapps/ (use latest ICS if using these)​

Other builds (builds before 2/17 r4 do not boot):​
[D2/D2G/DX] CM9 Build Thread - may have newer builds or may not. Will often have the same build as above​
http://synibox.info/...x13thangelx/DX/ (Only up to 4/24 and after 8/4)​

Credits:
Entire CyanogenMod team​
Bikedude880 - Base d2g repo that much of this is based off of​
Hashcode - frameworks and several other things​
JackpotClavin - First got data on the Droid Pro which got me to start work on this.​
CyanogenDefy team​
Jonman409​

Install instructions:
Boot into CWM recovery​
wipe data/factory reset​
Flash CM9-DX-<date>.zip​
Flash Gapps​
Reboot​

There will be no changelog anymore. This is mostly because there are very minor changes between builds now. If you want one then look at the github commit logs.​

Source: https://github.com/CM9-D2G (source for DX/D2/D2G/ and DPro)​

·
Average Android
559 Posts
Thanks for picking up the mantle. Hopefully with Moto's roadmap being published we can look forward to a working camera at some point.

·
Android Beginner
21 Posts
Dr. Carpenter...you and zerospeed (I think that was his username) made the mods for thesoft buttons and such for FEics right? Any plans to port those over to this rom or am I able to usethose with this?

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk

·
Boot Themer
483 Posts
Dr. Carpenter...you and zerospeed (I think that was his username) made the mods for thesoft buttons and such for FEics right? Any plans to port those over to this rom or am I able to usethose with this?

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk
Don't use those, they are based on 4.0.1, this is 4.0.3. I will look into doing them for this as well, now that my DX is strictly a test/dev device (got a RAZR the other day).

·
Registered
68 Posts
Looks wonderful. Hope to try this out soon. A camera would be...amazing. Thanks for all the hard work involved!

·
Android Master
1,434 Posts
Very nice work man

Sent from my DROIDX using RootzWiki

·
Android Aficionado
324 Posts
Wow I havent been on CM in a looooooooong time. 2010-ish I think.
Been on MIUI over a year. Oh the temptations of a Friday night....

Reactions: PappaFloyd

·
Boot Themer
483 Posts
I can confirm pretty much everything in the OP with the exception of the radio (my DX is no longer activated), and bluetooth (don't use it, sorry). Otherwise looks good :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
trying to flash this on my girls phone and it keep aborting. What kernal/rom do I need to be on?

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

·
The Shadow within Android
562 Posts
Once my phone is charged up, I'll flash and test a call, texts, and bluetooth. Almost flashed when I had 35% battery, and I doubt that would be smart if it somehow died in the middle of doing something. XD

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just flashed it and so far so good! Thanks for all the hardwork and for keeping DX ICS alive! Now if only someone could get the camera working and my life would be complete..

·
Developer
331 Posts
Mmm. Very nice. I've been waiting for something like this, since now I can work on the user-land side with new features and fixes. My attempts at source-built were quickly proven useless, without adequate time to dedicate to getting it working. One quick question: does this use bootmenu?

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Mmm. Very nice. I've been waiting for something like this, since now I can work on the user-land side with new features and fixes. My attempts at source-built were quickly proven useless, without adequate time to dedicate to getting it working. One quick question: does this use bootmenu?
My attempts were failing too. Asked one of my testers to try a D2G build and it booted fine so i ported it. Working on re-doing my shadow trees now so that built builds work rather than porting each build.

No it doesnt. I personally find it to be rather useless and an added pain to get working right.

1 - 20 of 9405 Posts