Difficulty:: Easy

Mod Base:: CyanogenMod

Mod Status:: Beta

Apply In:: CWM Recovery

Requires Root:: Yes

Android Version:: 4.0.4 (ICS)

Source:: https://github.com/CM9-D2G

CyanogenMod 9 for D2

Disclaimer: I am not responsible if your phone randomly bursts into flames, starts howling like a wookie, or does anything else weird.

What works/doesn't work:
I have no idea what does not work at this point. Most everything does work though. If you need to know what doesn't then look through the last few pages of this thread or this thread.

READ THE THREAD BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS. CHANCES ARE IT HAS ALREADY BEEN ANSWERED.

Downloads
Builds are spread out over several different locations and the one here may not always be the latest.

http://synibox.info/...D2-08192012.zip
a8f61fcff79a5fa2f362b045d8034150

Gapps:
http://goo-inside.me/gapps/ (use latest ICS if using these)

Other builds:
[D2/D2G/DX] CM9 Build Thread - may have newer builds or may not. Will often have the same build as above
http://synibox.info/...x13thangelx/D2/ (Only up to 4/24 and after 8/19)

Credits:
Entire CyanogenMod team
Bikedude880 - Base d2g repo that much of this is based off of
Hashcode - frameworks and several other things
JackpotClavin - First got data on the Droid Pro which got me to start work on this.
CyanogenDefy team
Jonman409

Install instructions:
Boot into CWM recovery
wipe data/factory reset
Flash CM9-D2-<date>.zip
Flash Gapps
Reboot

There will be no changelog anymore. This is mostly because there are very minor changes between builds now. If you want one then look at the github commit logs.

Source: https://github.com/CM9-D2G (source for DX/D2/D2G/ and DPro)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sweet! Thanks a ton for porting it over, I just flashed it on my phone. Everything seems to be running smoothly, I'll test out a few things and get back to you what works and what doesn't.

·
Registered
30 Posts
What is different about this compared to the dx version of this rom?
D2 native resolutions sensors etc. I noticed this fixed the problem I was having moving widgets from the widget menu to the home screen. Its also now showing my battery percentage in the status bar. I couldn't get that to work on the dx version. Also I installed this directly onto the DX build no issues so far.

Wifi works. bluetooth works. The two tests calls I tried worked.alt key works. pressing alt twice works for alt lock. Alt lock button does not work. keyboard does not light. GPS wasn't working will try again when I go out later. Ill also do a couple of test coming from a stock rom later tonight or tommorrow

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
D2 native resolutions sensors etc. I noticed this fixed the problem I was having moving widgets from the widget menu to the home screen. Its also now showing my battery percentage in the status bar. I couldn't get that to work on the dx version. Also I installed this directly onto the DX build no issues so far.

Wifi works. bluetooth works. The two tests calls I tried worked.alt key works. pressing alt twice works for alt lock. Alt lock button does not work. keyboard does not light. GPS wasn't working will try again when I go out later. Ill also do a couple of test coming from a stock rom later tonight or tommorrow
Change your brightness and it should light up then. That happens on D2G also.
The percents in status bar was something new in CM main tree (compiled this right before posting, DX build is from Friday before I merged all that stuff)

·
Registered
6 Posts
So far:
- Wifi is working (only tested it on my home network)
- CDMA radio appears to be working, haven't tested any calling, texting, or data yet.
- Haven't tested them all but most of the sensors appear to work. Light does not appear to work or the keyboard backlight doesn't work yet.
- Haven't tested GPS.
- Audio and mic are working.
- USB works.
- SD Card works.
- Haven't tried anything with the 2D/3D hardware acceleration.
- DSP Manager works.
- %1 battery is not working, it's 10% increments.
- Charging is working.
- ADB is working.
- Haven't tested Bluetooth yet.
- Physical keyboard is fully functional aside from the alt-lock button.
- Camera won't connect.
- Got the same results with the Youtube app thing. SD makes the video really laggy while HQ makes it run normal.
- Phone off charge mode does not work.
- Haven't tested NetFlix.
- Flash does not work. (Not positive of what is flash or not, but when on desktop Youtube, the videos don't load. When on mobile youtube--not the app--the videos load.)
- Chrome does install and run without FCing but nothing loads but blank pages.

Also a few bugs:
- When you click on something and it makes the click noise, there is about 2 seconds of static after it before it goes to silence.
- Some of the notifications appear and come back at random times. Such as the Cyanogen stats notification and the keyboard input notification.
- Scrolling through anything (such as app drawer, homescreens, settings) is slow at times. I'm going to assume it's something with the 2D hardware acceleration.
- Switching from physical keyboard and touch keyboard screws up some UI elements and makes the keyboard input notification stay in the notification bar.
- Keyboard doesn't light up (stated above too).
- App drawer loading is slow.

I've only been running it for 2 hours and tested the things on the list so it's not everything. I'm loving the ROM so far aside from those few bugs, thanks for porting it over.

·
Registered
159 Posts
13th, somewhere in the cm9 for d2 thread, there is something about having to change the network numbers for the d2 and the dx (FirstEncounter probably had that fixed which was why his ics builds had working 3g). The network number thing was related to our phones being cdma phones whereas the milestone is gsm I believe...

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Didnt notice it until I flash the D2G build i did right after but 1% got removed in a bunch of framework changes the main cm branch did. I just added it back and will do another build in a bit.

Input notification thing (if its the one im thinking of) is changed from GB. Thats so that you can change keyboards (i personally liked the GB way better but not a big deal)

Charge mode = charge only mode? If so that makes sense. That will need to be added. Doesnt work on any of the 3 devices currently.

For app screen/home screens lag try a different launcher. Trebuchet is rather buggy. Not sure why settings would be though....

1 - 20 of 1233 Posts