Android OS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
macht es nicht
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok y'all. I might be purely blowing smoke here, but I hope I'm not. I really hope I'm not.

I live on a campus with a strict proxy. I love my data plan. I picked up my phone on January 17th, which means i missed the data plan upgrade by two days. I was pissed.

But that honestly wasn't the reason that I was pissed. I hate data capping. Don't worry, I'm not an ignorant retard ranting away about an issue that I don't understand. I've been an integral part of a business. I understand expenses. I study engineering, I read national and international business news everyday. I'm sympathetic with companies that have to cut employees (I just got my job back and my roomie lost his last week). What I am not sympathetic is control hungry corporations (Apple comes to mind, but there are much worse) that want money.

I still hate data capping. I hate locked bootloaders (but not as much as I hate data capping) and I hate tethering charges. I'm not going to say that I've lost sleep over these, but I've come pretty close (maybe a slight exaggeration). I have whined repeatedly to Verizon store employees about data capping and tethering charges and required data plan charges and everything--they usually agree. After they agree with with me, they proceed to do absolutely nothing. This also pisses me off.

I want something to change. Yes, I might be blowing smoke. BUT I'm 20 years old. I'm a part of a close community that prides itself with its ability to educate humans and I have seen the change that can come about with organized efforts.

This is interesting:
http://www.xda-devel...me-bootloaders/
The above article links to this article:
http://www.androidpo...spectrum-rules/

And this is the place where you can blow some relevant smoke lol:
http://esupport.fcc.gov/complaints.htm

AND a disclaimer:
I am a human being. I actually do take active efforts to end things like human trafficking, child abuse and world hunger. I'm not heartless enough to spend 5 minutes ranting about poor little old me and my horrible life dealing with data capping without acknowledging that there are people out there in the world with SERIOUS problems. These realities don't make it wrong to try to fix the problems that I have.

·
I solve problems
1,213 Posts
So... you hate data caps?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

·
I solve problems
1,213 Posts
scatterbrained rant is scatterbrained.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

·
Android Apprentice
819 Posts
I have whined repeatedly to Verizon store employees about data capping and tethering charges and required data plan charges and everything--they usually agree. After they agree with with me, they proceed to do absolutely nothing. This also pisses me off.
Not trying to be rude but I don't know what you expect these people to do.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

·
Registered
23 Posts
Not trying to be rude but I don't know what you expect these people to do.

Going to have to agree here. This the environment we live in these days. I miss double features at the movies and Saturday morning cartoons. It would seem both are gone and never coming back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.