Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
It's DoW if you owned a Vibrant before, Trinity is the name in its passport though.

• Voodoo Sound V10 (Thanks supercurio)
  • Voodoo Color (Thanks supercurio)
  • BLN (Backlight notification) (Big Thanks Neldar! buy his app for blinking notification)
  • Backlight and screen dimmer, also touch wake patch by Ezekeel
  • Lazy Governor by Ezekeel (with further modifications)
  • Based on Samsung git source. (Currently built for 2.3.5 roms, works on 2.3.7 as of 9/30/2011)
  • Safeboot to lower clock, higher need a tool like setcpu or no-frills CPU control
  • New Trinity bootanimation by @rascarlo
  • TUN module (Tunneling/VPN support)
  • CIFS module (Samba support)
  • EXT4 tweaks
  • Most lean build achievable.
  • Aims at performance, bus+gpu OC even on full UV kernels.

Thanks to @RyanMacG for euroskank hosting​

"-Any-" use Koush's Anykernel to install on your roms.
Works best on AOSP based roms.

When "Just Flash It" didn't work:

• Flash rom.
  • Flash kernel.
  • Power off.
  • Pull battery for 2 minutes.
  • Put battery back
  • Now boot phone.

The flashing of Trinity only on fresh rom installs is encouraged because the anykernel script will use the ramdisk on the current kernel, and it is meant to be the rom's kernel the ramdisk is from, if you flash Trinity over kernels other than the rom's default one, you will get undefined behaviour.

Starting with 2108 Kernels, dalvik caches will no longer be wiped during install.
Please use this separate .zip to wipe dalvik caches: dalvik-wiper.zip
----------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kernels and source here:

www.derkernel.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

GPS woes? Try this .apk, works wonders.

Endursa shared this GL fixing link. Follow it, see 65fps on Quadrant planet like it was meant to be.

T for Trinity
UV for undervolt (you would want to uninstall setcpu like apps and just run it)
EUV represents a 880MHz top speed power savings kernel, snappy still? You Bet'cha!
144 for 1.44GHz (I will rethink this when the 10GHz phones hit the market)
-Any means it uses Koush's anykernel scripting to install trinity using the original ramdisk, making it possible to use it on m(any) roms w/o needing a special version.
(X)A new kernel just born by my slacker hands, feel free to use it, we think it's good even if it was eXperimental just moments ago. (X) comes off when we feel it's a daily driver.

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
"simms22 said:
the best kernels around for the nexus s. nothing else is even close.
100% there, great to see you and Morfic here at RootzWiki!

Personally I am running the latest TEUV, I highly recommend it despite being only 880 mhz as it doesn't feel slow at all!

Sent from my Nexus S using RootzWiki Forums

Edit: oh and Morfic, check out the developer program signup links on the forum front page if you haven't already.

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jonathon Grigg said:
100% there, great to see you and Morfic here at RootzWiki!

Personally I am running the latest TEUV, I highly recommend it despite being only 880 mhz as it doesn't feel slow at all!

Edit: oh and Morfic, check out the developer program signup links on the forum front page if you haven't already.
Says to post 3 urls to stuff i posted, back from Android BBQ, so I'm going to add G2x stuff that makes 2 urls :)

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
"morfic said:
Says to post 3 urls to stuff i posted, back from Android BBQ, so I'm going to add G2x stuff that makes 2 urls :)
Oh ok, I got mine in during the very early days when it was just an email to the guys. There's also no harm in adding links to the XDA threads in addition to the ones here, that way it's more obvious how well regarded you and your work is.

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jonathon Grigg said:
Oh ok, I got mine in during the very early days when it was just an email to the guys. There's also no harm in adding links to the XDA threads in addition to the ones here, that way it's more obvious how well regarded you and your work is.

Well I help vork with his kernel, might just link to that. Not going to link my O2x kernel on rootzwiki, as it'll be easier to just help vork with his.
I'll have 3 in no time. :)

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
"keasey said:
I love TEUV but sometimes experience freezes while listening to music. Should I raise voltages slightly at the lower cycles? If there is an obvious answer, forgive my newbosity.
In the newer TEUV kernels a new governor called lazy by ezekeel aims to remove these freezes after discovering much of the cause. I'm running it myself and I don't experience anywhere near as many freezes while playing music as I did with ondemand. Maybe give it a shot?

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
keasey said:
I love TEUV but sometimes experience freezes while listening to music. Should I raise voltages slightly at the lower cycles? If there is an obvious answer, forgive my newbosity.
When you use the term "freeze" with regard to audio, you mean clicks/pops? or does the phone lock up? (aka freeze)

·
Android Beginner
11 Posts
"Jonathon Grigg said:
In the newer TEUV kernels a new governor called lazy by ezekeel aims to remove these freezes after discovering much of the cause. I'm running it myself and I don't experience anywhere near as many freezes while playing music as I did with ondemand. Maybe give it shot?

Thanks Jonathon. Looking forward to trying that governer with CarbonDioxide when you upload. Hoping to make it my daily driver.

·
Android Pimp
78 Posts
keasey said:
The Phone locks up. This is Only while playing music. Works great otherwise.
is the lockup with a specific music app, like pandora or something, or is it with all music generally. also, try the tuv kernel there. its undervolted too, but at 1ghz.

·
Android Beginner
11 Posts
"simms22 said:
is the lockup with a specific music app, like pandora or something, or is it with all music generally. also, try the tuv kernel there. its undervolted too, but at 1ghz.
It is Doggcatcher and the stock Music app. I will give TUV a shot if I can't get TEUV figured out. My phone may just be a poor UVer I have had similar issues with Matrix kernels lately.

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
keasey said:
It is Doggcatcher and the stock Music app. I will give TUV a shot if I can't get TEUV figured out. My phone may just be a poor UVer I have had similar issues with Matrix kernels lately.
Let me know how TEUV or TUV from 05102011 work for you.

·
Premium Member
768 Posts

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Jonathon Grigg said:
TEUV 0510 has a 404 Not Found error on your site :( http://morfic.euroskank.com/simka/TEUV-NS-05102011.zip

goo.gl sometimes has "internal errors" and in this case i didn't see it reverted to simka from the edited NS, i solved it by linking on the host, instead of recreating the goo.gl links, all good now.
It's always when you don't get to click links to test them when something happens :p

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
"morfic said:
goo.gl sometimes has "internal errors" and in this case i didn't see it reverted to simka from the edited NS, i solved it by linking on the host, instead of recreating the goo.gl links, all good now.
It's always when you don't get to click links to test them when something happens :p
Thanks! Testing now, I've been running the S22 0410 for a day or two and it was really good, I'm interested to try the non S22 one now ;)

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
keasey said:
TEUV and. TUV have been stable lately. The only thing I am doing differently is using stock GB Launcher instead of Launcher Pro. Could this have been causing my problems?
I used to get issues with adw then switched to lpp and lockups went away with same rom+kernel combo. Later tried adwex which worked, kept for eye candy, lately using lpp again.
But a launcher + app/widget combo could still make lpp problematic for you when it does work for me/others.

Have you since flashed a new nightly?

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 37 Posts