Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 2650 Posts

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Mod Type:: KernelDifficulty:: EasyMod Status:: AlphaApply In:: CWM RecoveryRequires Root:: YesSource::
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Files and source:www . Der Kernel . com-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Control your Kernel, get the App:Want to use PayPal?
Featuring:
  • Offering lowered voltages
  • Build optimizations
  • Performance through research
  • Removed wasteful debugging
  • Optimized ext4 mount options
  • VM, Filesystem, governor tweaks
  • Color Control
  • Contrast Control
  • Sound Control
  • Vibration Control (3/15/2012)
  • 307MHz to 512MHz GPU as indicated in filename
  • 1344 to 1728MHz as indicated in filename or any in between or above
  • Bullshit Free (Not pushing buzzwords to drop them later like others)
Tabs on the site:
  • Release: Kernels that have passed the experimental stage and matured in "Prerelease" (Full 3x3 kernel sets typically)
  • Prerelease: New kernels deemed to now be ready for stabilizing, consider this the Release sandbox (Full 3x3 kernel sets typically)
  • ! Experimental !: The latest ideas, tweaks, features, test builds for users get tried here in limited sets to help speed development.
Useful Trinity & Rascream FAQ(Contributed by GideonX)Why you want Trinity Colors-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The RasbeanJellyLichti Rascream Mods

·
Android Aficionado
181 Posts
This kernel flies! I do know that. The battery does seem to suffer because of whatever reason, and apparently that is being addressed. I am subscribing to this thread for sure. This guy has done fantastic work on other devices!

·
Nexus Flashaholic
273 Posts
One kernel dev mentioned the patch used was not working, the same one the first people used to get 384 till they found out they weren't working. It had to be hardcoded into it or something. What does your nenamark2 say? I get 20-25 normally, I'm not running this kernel though.
When I ran the 512 I got around 32 fps. so it must be working. the 382 got around 27

·
Supporting Member
253 Posts
One kernel dev mentioned the patch used was not working, the same one the first people used to get 384 till they found out they weren't working. It had to be hardcoded into it or something. What does your nenamark2 say? I get 20-25 normally, I'm not running this kernel though.
All of my 3D benchmarks were higher using the 512 GPU version. IDK.... I'm not a pro really... but the benchmarks were def higher.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Not only mine, but others also 31.3 fps.. Also another one showed improvement, but I don't remember the name.

With 384 trinity I got 27.9.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Is GPU OC the only thing we can contribute an FPS increase to? I'm no pro, but I would definitely say no. Having said that, Im sure the Dev will look into it and keep us informed.

There is no other difference in inferno & inferno512 than gpu oc from 384 to 512.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I must be mistaken. I did read some reports where the FPS hadn't changed
Well I am just posting my results, quadrant hasn't been updated for ages, I don't like antutu, cf bench is great (I got 7467 btw.) but for other things, so far only nenamark2 has proved capable.

I also might be wrong ofc.

Now that we are so close to get gnex to morfic I am sure all the things will move faster and addressed sooner than while working remotely.

·
Android Apprentice
43 Posts
I flashed this kernel last night and I must admit its very smooth the 512 file had 3d games flying. This is the first kernel that I've gotten over 27 fps on nenamark she pulled 31.3. I've also been able to leave my phone running at 1.35 without any issues which I can't do with any other kernel. So at this point I'm happy and will be sticking with this series

1 - 20 of 2650 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.