Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Trinity G2x

This kernel aims at bringing performance and usability to your phone.
Is this kernel where i want it to be? No, not yet.
Is it worth flashing? Yes it is.

It seems cpasjuste's UV feature is something hard to get around, so I didn't fight the source and just included this.

So what do we have?

• cm source based (2.6.32.45) (as of 08122011: will only merge if compatibility demands it)
  • Cpasjuste UV/OC
  • Voodoo Sound by supercurio
  • VM improvements (keeps you from running out of memory, stalls if they happen are shorter and less severe than in stock kernels)
  • Build improvements (leaner, meaner code)
  • No crazy long feature lists, less is more!
Thanks to @RyanMacG for euroskank hosting

Make sure you have a recovery with support for ext4

Setcpu supports these kernels, as does the cpu settings under CM7 performance setting, no tool required if further UV is not desired!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kernels and source here:

www . Der Kernel . com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

·
Android Apprentice
58 Posts
How noticeable is the battery performance between the two versions?

Gonna give this a try with the latest miui

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
drmidnight said:
How noticeable is the battery performance between the two versions?

Gonna give this a try with the latest miui
I have used both during a work day, on T15 I make it home, on ELP I had more left, mind you my reception sucks, so radio is main consumer.
I flash so many different roms and kernel combinations I can not give you an accurate answer, only an honest "very noticeable".

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

·
Average Android
229 Posts
If I install this on Miui 1.9.30 will I still be able to customise/change the bootscreen?

·
Android Apprentice
50 Posts
LEGEND said:
If I install this on Miui 1.9.30 will I still be able to customise/change the bootscreen?
No. But that's easily fixed. Either backup the following files and replace them after flashing this kernel:
/system/bin/bootanimation
/system/media/bootanimation.zip

Or, after you download the zip file, remove the /bin folder and /media folder from underneath system, then flash (so it won't overwrite your files.)

·
Average Android
229 Posts
Meanstreak242 said:
No. But that's easily fixed. Either backup the following files and replace them after flashing this kernel:
/system/bin/bootanimation
/system/media/bootanimation.zip

Or, after you download the zip file, remove the /bin folder and /media folder from underneath system, then flash (so it won't overwrite your files.)
The above will allow me to download and add different MIUI bootscreen themes!

·
Android Beginner
9 Posts
This kernel flies 5221 Quad, 7140 AnTuTu, Smartbench 4787, 3138. And CF 14558,4083,8273.
Thats at max performance with SetCPU.

I just leave it on 1.2 though and it plays all my games with no lag or anything. I have screens but I didn't want to clog up the post, if you want I will post them.

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
WhoaManWtF said:
This kernel flies 5221 Quad, 7140 AnTuTu, Smartbench 4787, 3138. And CF 14558,4083,8273.

I just leave it on 1.2 though and it plays all my games with no lag or anything. I have screens but I didn't want to clog up the post, if you want I will post them.
Have you tried "ELP" (Extra Low Power, was just a term I used while testing, but people already adopted it, so ELP stayed.)
At 1.1GHz it's no speed daemon but also no slouch, but it allows for far lower voltages.
ELP max squeezes out an extra 32MB for apps by taking it from gpu, for those for who this works it's great. Other than that it's not different from normal ELP.

Glad you like T15.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

·
Android Apprentice
58 Posts
Been using ELP for three days on the latest MIUI and its been working great. I have noticed the led lights stay dim instead of pulsing when there is a notification like it used to.

·
Android Beginner
9 Posts
morfic said:
Have you tried "ELP" (Extra Low Power, was just a term I used while testing, but people already adopted it, so ELP stayed.)
At 1.1GHz it's no speed daemon but also no slouch, but it allows for far lower voltages.
ELP max squeezes out an extra 32MB for apps by taking it from gpu, for those for who this works it's great. Other than that it's not different from normal ELP.

Glad you like T15.

I haven't I actually play games allot so the T15 is perfect for me :)

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
WhoaManWtF said:

Meant to say: screenshots are never a bother.

·
Android Apprentice
28 Posts
out of the 3 choices we have for g2x kernels Morfics in my opinion are the most awsomeee, i just flashed the elp edition and man that kernel is awsomeee! the new boot animation is the siiickest bootanimation i have ever seeen, and ive seen em alll lol i get such amazing battery its insane in the membraneee and the smooth snappy responsiveness just adds to everything, the only thing that would make me happier is if there was a pre uv elp edition:androidwink:

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Tyler.FoRResT said:
out of the 3 choices we have for g2x kernels Morfics in my opinion are the most awsomeee, i just flashed the elp edition and man that kernel is awsomeee! the new boot animation is the siiickest bootanimation i have ever seeen, and ive seen em alll lol i get such amazing battery its insane in the membraneee and the smooth snappy responsiveness just adds to everything, the only thing that would make me happier is if there was a pre uv elp edition:androidwink:
If I understand correctly, ELP is pre-UV.
Use no apps and it is UV.
I just reenabled user control recently.

Also it allows UV below 770mV
Not much below since we are flirting with instability below 750mV
But 725mV is there for the few lucky ones.

·
Android Apprentice
92 Posts
Just want to report that I'm running EXPERIMENTAL: ELPmax-G2x-452-10102011 (1.1GHz Battery Safer+32MB Ram-New Toolchain) and so far, the battery drained faster than the stable ELP. It ate about 50% of battery life after about 45 mins surf the web.

Edit: I'm using EB 2.3.7

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.