Premium Member
424 Posts
Mod Type:: Kernel

Difficulty:: Easy

Mod Status:: Alpha

Apply In:: CWM Recovery

Requires Root:: Yes

Source::
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Files and source:

www . der kernel . com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Featuring:
  • Build optimizations
  • Performance through research
  • Removed wasteful debugging
  • Scheduler, Governor tweaks
  • Currently @ 1600MHz
  • Bullshit Free (Not pushing buzzwords to drop them later like others)

·
Kitten Punter
2,808 Posts
Thank you for posting this here. Been running this thing since Alpha 5. Got the DER on both Nexus devices! :D

Also I recommend everyone buys the Trinity App. Makes everything easier and you can download straight from there.

·
Supporting Member
85 Posts
This perked up my N7. Mine's always been a bit laggy or hesitant, even before I rooted it. Rooted stock or Paradigm no real difference in feel. Weird.

My GNex on Jelly Belly 3.9.1 with Faux 19 is much snappier.

·
Why Not Zoidberg?
1,490 Posts
This perked up my N7. Mine's always been a bit laggy or hesitant, even before I rooted it. Rooted stock or Paradigm no real difference in feel. Weird.

My GNex on Jelly Belly 3.9.1 with Faux 19 is much snappier.
I believe that's all psychological
mine has been nothing but a pleasure since day one

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

·
Supporting Member
85 Posts
I believe that's all psychological...

Not to highjack this thread, but I wish it were pshchological. Sometimes my N7 just sort of freezes for a second or two, like when entering Settings from time to time. It's lke there's some heavy background processing going on with something. I also fairly regularly get the "xxxx is Not Responding" msg. I run very clean (rooted) installs on all my devices, currently VZW GNex and VZW 4G Galaxy Tab 10.1 (still on 3.2, unfortunately). Tried frequent Fix Permissions, Wipe Delvik. I'm beginning to suspect a hardware issue with my N7.

All that aside, I really do like the device.

·
Kernel Hacker
2,456 Posts
Not to highjack this thread, but I wish it were pshchological. Sometimes my N7 just sort of freezes for a second or two, like when entering Settings from time to time. It's lke there's some heavy background processing going on with something. I also fairly regularly get the "xxxx is Not Responding" msg. I run very clean (rooted) installs on all my devices, currently VZW GNex and VZW 4G Galaxy Tab 10.1 (still on 3.2, unfortunately). Tried frequent Fix Permissions, Wipe Delvik. I'm beginning to suspect a hardware issue with my N7.

All that aside, I really do like the device.
Yes. It is quite awesome. If a new device is freezing like that its probably a hardware issue.

·
Why Not Zoidberg?
1,490 Posts
So I'm overclocking to 1.6ghz but my tablet doesn't want to go past 1.3. I'm on alpha 19 and it ran on 1.6 on alpha 15 I believe

Sent from my Google Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So I'm overclocking to 1.6ghz but my tablet doesn't want to go past 1.3. I'm on alpha 19 and it ran on 1.6 on alpha 15 I believe

You aren't using TKT to adjust frequencies i suppose?
The dilemma is, before i fixed the app, you could set 1400MHz, but it would happily scale up to 1600MHz (which you could see in cpuspy counting 1500 and 1600 anyway)
So i fixed it by using the entry that nvidia has, and the app sets that to the same as the scaling_max_freq
Until here, all is fine.
Some tablet puke over booting with the cpu clocking to 1600mhz.
So i set the variable to 1300, now more people can boot.

IF you use TKT, there is still no problem, but all the other tools only writing to scaling_max_freq never remove the 1300MHz limit.
I'll email coolbho3k so he can fixup setcpu for Nexus Seven, this way you are not forced to get TKT.

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I Think i found the solution, which would require part kernel change, part app change and you should be fine, and the people with trouble booting should be too.
might not happen tonight, ok, it won't puppy has doctor's appointment i need to take it to, so i'll work on app+Kernel in morning.

for now you can manually match the frequency you want from terminal:

echo 1600000 > /sys/module/cpu_tegra/parameters/cpu_user_cap

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

You could do me a huge favor and try Alpha20, and see if all works how you expect it, cause it works how i want it here.
Still boots limited to 1300, I will have someone who couldn't boot 1600 straight up test if it limits it early enough for him.

Thanks for reporting.

·
Fearless tester of the dev'ers work
59 Posts
You could do me a huge favor and try Alpha20, and see if all works how you expect it, cause it works how i want it here.
Still boots limited to 1300, I will have someone who couldn't boot 1600 straight up test if it limits it early enough for him.

Thanks for reporting.
Morfic, Alpha 20 seems to be running great. Booted fast w/o issue, oc'd to 1500 right away (confirmed by cpuspy). Great job!

·
Kitten Punter
2,808 Posts
What's the HALFASIAN build about?

1 - 20 of 291 Posts