Android OS Forum banner

[Dev Thread][BETA] CyanogenMod 7 (based off cm4d2 port) [FROYO BASE]

365K views 4K replies 166 participants last post by  ShortnStubby 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
This is no longer supported, we will be moving to the GB base located here: http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?t=3546

So basically this is what we've gotten so far for cm4d2g. This is all based off this thread.

*I take no responsibility for anything you do to your device*

Bugs:
bluetooth is broken
FC when switching to Global Mode (GSM) (change takes effect on reboot however)
alt-lock doesn't work on keyboard (press alt twice to act like alt lock)
stock live wallpapers don't work (market live walls do)

Downloads:
Nightlies - http://revnumbers.info/d2g.html
Gapps: Goo-Inside.me

Install instructions:
Wipe data/cache
install from zip CM4D2G-nightly-***.zip
install from zip gapps-gb-20110613-signed.zip
reboot

DO NOT USE BOOTSTRAPPER ONCE ON CM4D2G!

Hold power button > click reboot > recovery > ok

I'll try to keep the op updated but cant guarantee anything.

Change log:
Completely built from source rather than modded the D2 version - Thanks Bikedude
Fix torch - Thanks RevNumbers
Camera/Camcorder work - Thanks RevNumbers for camcorder, Camera fix is from CM4DX and i cant find it again
Completely working sensors - Thanks RevNumbers
too many to list now - thanks everyone involved
camera fixed - Thanks Worldofross

----Old Files----
CM4D2G- 7/20/11: CM4D2G-build-20110713.zip - RevNumber's latest (md5sum: 42577fea67d780cf2c8e508c549a9e22)
CM4D2G: Megaupload - Build 7
Keyboard size fix: cm4d2g_keyboardfix.zip
Flashable sensors zip: cm4d2g_sensorsfix.zip md5:b0a27abce5f4b3e8a76f60d682721278

See less See more
#2 ·
the 2 usb icons in the status bar is due to the usb.apk. I forget exactly why it was included, but it was needed for the defy to run. You will notice if you select them, they perform different actions

#6 ·
for the sensor issue when i use adw you can under system preferences you can set Home Orientation, to Portrait so it goes goes back to normal, after opening the keyboard its really not a issue for me. granted i would like it to be normal but its a lil fix i feel

#9 ·
This should be coming together in the next couple days as a non-hacked version of the D2 port, assuming this build works...

#13 ·
x13thangelx said:
who do you think ive been working with most of the time?
Even while working at my job xD
I /want/ this to happen badly enough that I've been staying up until 3am for the past week after my midnight shifts. D2G will be unbound from Blur >

#18 ·
Kickasz23 said:
Camera is also in reverse just fyi
That one is a relatively easy fix that I can pull from my GEM build. God I hope this recent build works...

#21 ·
Just got everything building and running. I now know what to curse for the last week of trouble: missing symbolic link from hijack to logwrapper. Progress every minute now

#23 · (Edited by Moderator)
I don't know if anyone else has had this, but I'm having problems with the screen turning back on after timing out or manually locking it. The "backlight" turns back on but the screen still stays black.
Also, it screen turns off by itself often as well. I'll be using the phone and then see the CRT animation turning off, when it didn't time out and wasn't manually locked.

#24 · (Edited by Moderator)
Kickasz23 said:
do me a favor save a copy for your self so you dont into that problem again lol jk
Done and done. Got another build coming soon that should hopefully require me to only have to edit updater-script to include the hijack symlink. Oh, and CRT animations + radio (if I'm lucky)

EDIT: Camera fix doesn't work (for me) due to OMXCore being unable to find the JPEG encoder. Same goes for video camera not being able to find libOMX.TI.Video.encoder.so

#26 ·
CurrentWeb said:
Anyone have link to download a system dump for the Droid 2 Global on stock froyo? I want to look through it, see if I get some inspiration
The only dump I have is one I made from the 2.4.330 stock image after rooting it. It's still saved as "system.img" and requires mounting via loopback

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.