1,768 Posts
Its that time again...

CyanogenMod 9 for the Motorola Droid 2!

{BUGS, expect them keep logcat running please}

so what works?
+boots

what doesn't work?
-everything else

This is PRE-ALPHA it boots but that's about it so don't flash unless you can run logcats of errors, just give us sometime we will get this stable

CyanogenMod
AOSP
bikedude880 (he got this working I forked his repos thank him) =}
the community (other wise what is the point)

*** lots of "fixes" are already floating around if you find one that works please let one of us know about it so everyone can benefit on the next build

*** these builds take a while and can be very taxing on the host computer so be patient we will get builds out when we can, I'm happy to help get your build environment setup, but this isn't the tread for that ...That being said there are lots of extremely helpful building threads so just post there or start a new one.

here is my build folder:
http://mediafire.com/?fbsvlhsh9dx6r

Code:
repo init -u [URL=git://github.com/CM7-GB/android]git://github.com/CM7-GB/android[/URL] -b ics<br />
repo sync<br />
. build/envsetup.sh<br />
lunch<br />
cm_droid2-userdebug<br />
make bacon

·
Badass
48 Posts
One small step for Android... One big step for the Droid 2... and I'm about to test.

·
Another Android Fanboy
148 Posts
Can't wait for a build stable enough to make calls and use gchat, once that happens I'm down for testing :)

·
Android Addict
602 Posts
Will I still be able to access cwr to flash back like with cm7? I'd hate to have to sbf (just in case boot manager fails).

·
Thunderstruck
1,463 Posts
Im sending this from phantoms ics build right now. Wifi works and txting! And you can get into cwr.
Wifi works on my build for you... but not for me? IRONY. Sort of. Maybe I've done something wrong.
You may want to switch to jbird's build, it has permissions fixed for USB so it will work.
Actually fixing permissions in RomManager may solve this... I'll try and see what happens.

EDIT: yeah, wifi works but for some reason I can't use the software keyboard to input the password and on the physical keyboard it won't accept "b" (all other letters work it seems o_O), so I can't sign into my network.
Odd.
EDIT2: Okay, the software keyboard wasn't going on because the app we removed to fix the error was the Japanese Software Keyboard and it is enabled by default.
To fix this go into Language And Input in the settings and change default to English keyboard.
EDIT3: Oh and Fix Permissions in ROM Manager didn't fix the USB issue. I guess it's not set to fix permissions on the usb apk?

·
Android Addict
602 Posts
albinoman109 said:
Im sending this from phantoms ics build right now. Wifi works and txting! And you can get into cwr.
Wait, where is phantoms ver? Are there currently two builds?

·
Thunderstruck
1,463 Posts
Wait, where is phantoms ver? Are there currently two builds?
Currently JBird's is better than mine. (By better I mean Newer at least. It has USB fixed)
If you are running his you are up to date.

·
Premium Member
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Does the home button work on jbirds?
Usb is not working unless it if plugged in @ boot (for now)
Home button doesn't work I'm remapping the keys now

Also bikedude just clued me into his audio fix so ill toss all that in and see comes out

·
Android Addict
602 Posts
Dispite the fact that not much is working, it was an awe inspiring experience to feel ics on my d2. Actually, I just restored to my backup of cm7 and I still have residual ics elements (ex. Mms editing is still there!) Ill take it until we get signal and 3g. I am so stoked!!!

·
Thunderstruck
1,463 Posts
Dispite the fact that not much is working, it was an awe inspiring experience to feel ics on my d2. Actually, I just restored to my backup of cm7 and I still have residual ics elements (ex. Mms editing is still there!) Ill take it until we get signal and 3g. I am so stoked!!!
Honestly though it seems like more is working on this build than on other phone's first attempts.

1 - 20 of 458 Posts