Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

· Supporting Member
143 Posts
JBirdVegas said:
I'll look into merging props for d2 not dx

as far as not being able to repo I'm even having problems repoing CyanogenMod's source... this may not be my fault but I'll check again.

I see cvpcs has posted a new audio file and some more work on the hijack ... I'm downloading his latest edits and I'll build a copy we can all test... just hang on ...
Looks like he posted a usable beta on twitter. Might want to check that out. Mind posting the latest package for us to test?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

· Supporting Member
143 Posts
JBirdVegas said:
keyboard mapping may be another prop file ...

also I need to find droid2 values for most of it is still droidx: https://github.com/JBirdVegas/android_device_motorola_droid2/blob/gingerbread/droid2.mk

and more importantly this line (android_vendor_cyanogen/products/cyanogen_droid2.mk) needs to be updated
Code:
PRODUCT_BUILD_PROP_OVERRIDES := BUILD_ID=VZW BUILD_DISPLAY_ID=GRH78C PRODUCT_NAME=shadow_vzw TARGET_DEVICE=cdma_shadow BUILD_FINGERPRINT=verizon/shadow_vzw/cdma_shadow/shadow:2.2.1/VZW/23.340:user/ota-rel-keys,release-keys PRODUCT_BRAND=verizon PRIVATE_BUILD_DESC="cdma_shadow-user 2.2.1 VZW 2.3.340 ota-rel-keys,release-keys" BUILD_NUMBER=2.3.340 BUILD_UTC_DATE=1289194863 TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=user BUILD_VERSION_TAGS=release-keys USER=w30471<br />
Don't forget the media stuff. Camera's broken without it.

Tried replacing the contents of /system/usr/keycars and keylayout...no luck. Keyboard symbol mapping is still borked.

· Supporting Member
143 Posts
terryrook said:
* Hey, by the way, The gingerbread keyboard for rubix focused 2.0.1 works on mine anyways, so much better than the 1mm keys.*
"Keyboard from Android 2.3" in the market works as well. Any other keyboard for that matter. Need to tweak the source to properly define the keyboard height.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

· Supporting Member
143 Posts
Keyboard files: http://db.tt/Cp4VFk9

If you look at init_prep_keypad.rc it looks for sholes-keypad.kl, if that doesn't exist it defaults to qwerty.kl - these are the .Kcm.bin and .kl files for the droid2 renamed to qwerty so they work. Only tab and alt-lock don't work.

Best part: .rc's are easily modifiable in /etc/newboot.zip! How ****ing awesome is that? It could easily fix the problems with usb - probably wrong permissions.

· Supporting Member
143 Posts
Looking at init.mapphone_cdma.rc (pulled your git.)

Line 154-155 - early-boot sequence mentions sholes. Would explain why some stuff isn't working perfectly. I'm gunna work on this a bit, referencing stock Droid2 .rc files - if just for interfaces and such.

· Supporting Member
143 Posts
RevNumbers said:
good thinking, however, my understanding of /dev/ comes from linux, and i know in linux udevd creates all the device nodes under /dev at boot... so I'm not sure if there's anything we can push during the install, or even compilation of the rom... however there may be a config file we can modify that will create the node under the other name... or maybe even under both... i'll look into both and see what i can come up with

EDIT:
apparently there is no udev on android.... and /dev/ is just mounted tmpfs so I'm kind of at a loss for how to implement this... i'm not sure how to do what jbird was thinking, but that seems like the best way to do it, lol
It's ueventd.mapphone_cdma.rc in /etc/droid2boot.zip/newboot

· Supporting Member
143 Posts
RevNumbers said:
true, but for the binaries it needs the x bit... so run a chmod 755 on any of the binaries... none of the files seem to fix anything, but they haven't broken anything either, lol... well except for the libaudio stuff
how about ADB? That still shot?

Wanna whip up a zip to flash these? or even a zipped folder? it's a pain pushing them one by one.

· Supporting Member
143 Posts
Could android_device_motorola_droid2\overlay\frameworks\base\core\res\res\values\config.xml have something to do with why aGPS/network location is borked? I dunno the right values.
Code:
 <!-- This string array should be overridden by the device to present a list of network<br />
         attributes.  This is used by the connectivity manager to decide which networks can coexist<br />
         based on the hardware --><br />
    <!-- An Array of "[Connection name],[ConnectivityManager connection type],<br />
         [associated radio-type],[priority]  --><br />
    <string-array translatable="false" name="networkAttributes"><br />
        <item>"wifi,1,1,1"</item><br />
        <item>"mobile,0,0,0"</item><br />
        <item>"mobile_mms,2,0,2"</item><br />
        <item>"mobile_dun,4,0,4"</item><br />
        <item>"mobile_hipri,5,0,3"</item><br />
        <item>"mobile_agps,7,0,2"</item><br />
        <item>"mobile_fota,8,0,2"</item><br />
        <item>"mobile_oem1,9,0,2"</item><br />
        <item>"mobile_oem2,10,0,2"</item><br />
        <item>"mobile_oem3,11,0,2"</item><br />
    </string-array>
Also, android_device_motorola_droid2\overlay\packages\apps\Phone\res\values\config.xml, lines 114-117:
Code:
    <!-- Determine whether calls to mute the microphone in PhoneUtils<br />
         are routed through the android.media.AudioManager class (true) or through<br />
         the com.android.internal.telephony.Phone interface (false). --><br />
    <bool name="send_mic_mute_to_AudioManager">false</bool>
- could changing it to true work? I'd try, but I don't know how to commit or build.

· Supporting Member
143 Posts
Yes we have! Left my d2 plugged in to my xoom to charge over usb host last night (at about 11:45pm...woke up and usb was working, batt had dropped to zero and then charged...usb was working when I looked at 5:30am...I think it rebooted at some point. Plugged it in to my nook's charger (2Amp FTW) and it was full after an hour.

RevNumbers said:
I need to get up with jbird and make sure we're on the same page with some of the stuff from sholes... but right now on my device the only issues I have are:
aGPS not working (regular gps is fine though)
camcorder audio issues (now that the mic is working right, the camcorder isn't again, lol)
light sensor doesn't work
Torch doesn't work quite right (i've got a workaround but i don't like it)
and the showstopper:
USB issues
I think that's it actually... lol... wow we've come a long way!
Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.