Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 2343 Posts

· CELL TECH
Joined
·
1,150 Posts
I'm very happy right now, Android has the greatest people by far, thanks to everyone who is working hard on this or anything else. We really do appreciate it, and plus 1 if you need more testers eventually. Ma d2 is gonna be pimpin!
 

· Developer
Joined
·
1,604 Posts
tb110895 said:
Sweet! Care to share that .zip for others that want to test?

I'll help in any way I can, even if it is just flashing it and giving the info needed
just to make sure everybody knows, I take no credit for anything here, lol... i just implemented a change that was suggested, and replaced the Settings.apk that was in the original with one that I'd compiled... fixed the FC on settings
hehehe... anywho, I'm not sure how the devs that are hard at work would feel about me sharing it with the changes I've made, but if they are fine with it, or considering cvpcs just posted on twitter he may have audio working correctly (i'm assuming that means the mic on the phone itself) they may want to hold off... but otherwise I'd be happy to hand out my zip freely
oh and I should have a list in a couple minutes, i'm just finishing up testing a couple things
 

· Android Addict
Joined
·
293 Posts
RevNumbers said:
just to make sure everybody knows, I take no credit for anything here, lol... i just implemented a change that was suggested, and replaced the Settings.apk that was in the original with one that I'd compiled... fixed the FC on settings
hehehe... anywho, I'm not sure how the devs that are hard at work would feel about me sharing it with the changes I've made, but if they are fine with it, or considering cvpcs just posted on twitter he may have audio working correctly (i'm assuming that means the mic on the phone itself) they may want to hold off... but otherwise I'd be happy to hand out my zip freely
oh and I should have a list in a couple minutes, i'm just finishing up testing a couple things
I don't think they'll mind as long as I'm helping out. If he cared, he wouldn't have posted it in the OP. PM it to me though if your gonna
Great job man. Were knocking this stuff out and we should have CM7 soon
 

· Developer
Joined
·
1,604 Posts
OK here's what I've found so far.... right now as long as you use the libaudio.so and ap_gain.bin from the DX like cvpcs suggested things look pretty good... Settings force closes but that can be fixed by replacing Settings.apk with a freshly compiled one from CM-nightly... the mic on the phone isn't working but all other sound seems to be fine, and you can make calls through bluetooth... wifi is a bit flaky... I'll throw the logcat link at the end of this... 3G is working well, and as long as you remember to install the google apps all is well there too, lol.... I tried to get into recovery by holding down the power button choosing reboot, then recovery but (as i expected) that booted directly into moto's stock recovery, and when i installed droid2bootstrap and did a reboot from there, it pretty well killed everything, I couldn't get passed the (M) logo, lol.... So... boiled down here's what I've got

Data: 3g working fine
Wifi: kinda flaky, connects/disconnects/connects/etc...
Bluetooth: seems to be good... and the only way to make a call
Audio: Output is good with DX's libaudio,etc... Mic still not working
Google Apps, etc: Once Settings.apk is replaced all is well

Logcat from the flaky wifi:
http://pastebin.com/RukcRtij
 

· Developer
Joined
·
1,604 Posts
tb110895 said:
Is that settings.apk the same as the one included? because I know some of the nightlies didnt have CM settings included
I've got an entry for CM Settings under settings... so i assume it's good... I couldn't pull a copy of the D2 repo in the OP so i used what I already had... which was a copy of the nightly repo from a couple weeks or so ago... oh... and the Camera works as long as you change build.prop to reflect the 5m camera as opposed to the 8m the DX has
 

· Android Apprentice
Joined
·
19 Posts
Can y'all give me some information on the D2 vs D2G relating to this port? I'm not a programmer, but what can I contribute as far as some initial testing for the D2G? I can switch my service back to my original Droid to mess with the D2G if need be.
 

· Android Addict
Joined
·
293 Posts
Jon8RFC said:
Can y'all give me some information on the D2 vs D2G relating to this port? I'm not a programmer, but what can I contribute as far as some initial testing for the D2G? I can switch my service back to my original Droid to mess with the D2G if need be.
This will NOT work on the global. Somebody else will have to step up and dev for that to get it working
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
RevNumbers said:
I've got an entry for CM Settings under settings... so i assume it's good... I couldn't pull a copy of the D2 repo in the OP so i used what I already had... which was a copy of the nightly repo from a couple weeks or so ago... oh... and the Camera works as long as you change build.prop to reflect the 5m camera as opposed to the 8m the DX has
I'll look into merging props for d2 not dx

as far as not being able to repo I'm even having problems repoing CyanogenMod's source... this may not be my fault but I'll check again.

I see cvpcs has posted a new audio file and some more work on the hijack ... I'm downloading his latest edits and I'll build a copy we can all test... just hang on ...
 

· Supporting Member
Joined
·
143 Posts
JBirdVegas said:
I'll look into merging props for d2 not dx

as far as not being able to repo I'm even having problems repoing CyanogenMod's source... this may not be my fault but I'll check again.

I see cvpcs has posted a new audio file and some more work on the hijack ... I'm downloading his latest edits and I'll build a copy we can all test... just hang on ...
Looks like he posted a usable beta on twitter. Might want to check that out. Mind posting the latest package for us to test?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
 

· Developer
Joined
·
1,604 Posts
seems I worked around the wifi issue by setting a static IP... can anyone else confirm?

Edit: and it also appears I have no GPS, lol
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
***remy said:
Looks like he posted a usable beta on twitter. Might want to check that out. Mind posting the latest package for us to test?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
It is building now ...
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
1,752 Posts
21 - 40 of 2343 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top