Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Android Beginner
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is not a request for an ETA,we all know that rule (no.1).
But I was wondering if the focus of the development for the touchpad will be on the existing alpha or will attention now switch to ICS.

· Supporting Member
4,545 Posts

· Android Beginner
33 Posts
Let's be honest I think with the speed that CM team delivered Alpha 1, Alpha 2, and quick 2.1 I would bet that there are many on here, including me, who truly thought and hoped we would be using Alpha 3 for some time now!

Hopefully they roll out Alpha 3 by next week, so our $99 HP paperweights have something to be thankful for. The true Xmas wish is of course a working ICS by Dec. 25th.

· Supporting Member
4,545 Posts
I think if you put yourselves in the develpers' shoes, you'd realize that they likely want to release Alpha 3 as quickly as possible so they can move on to the cool new toys in ICS. GB is yesterday's lettuce.

Alpha 3 will come when the Devs feel it's ready, and I'd bet my bottom dollar they want to get it out quickly as much/even more than those of you w/significant issues w/2.1 do.

· Android Apprentice
48 Posts
Let's be honest I think with the speed that CM team delivered Alpha 1, Alpha 2, and quick 2.1 I would bet that there are many on here, including me, who truly thought and hoped we would be using Alpha 3 for some time now!

Hopefully they roll out Alpha 3 by next week, so our $99 HP paperweights have something to be thankful for. The true Xmas wish is of course a working ICS by Dec. 25th.
99 dollar paperweights? I've been using my $150 dollar paperweight with Alpha 1 and now Alpha 2.1 for a lot more than making my touchpad a paperweight. Games, e-book reader, web surfing, work related emails/database work etc..

· Android Beginner
29 Posts
99 dollar paperweights? I've been using my $150 dollar paperweight with Alpha 1 and now Alpha 2.1 for a lot more than making my touchpad a paperweight. Games, e-book reader, web surfing, work related emails/database work etc..
Agreed. I use my CM7 Touchpad every day. I would suggest that anyone who finds it useless now will not find any uses for it with ICS.

· Supporting Member
4,545 Posts
Colchiro said:
Bear in mind, if you grabbed Dalingrin's SOD fix, you already have some of the A3 fixes.
You sure? I thought dalingrin posted at one point that if you weren't getting SODs related to the wifi sleep fix targeted by the new kernel, the kernel update wouldn't do anything else for us.

What else have you seen about other fixes in the kernel?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.