Android OS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Android Addict
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I was using my desktop to install an app on my phone. Went to the market, searched the app, and then went to choose my device from the drop down and about fell out of my chair when I saw this:
View attachment 4221

Why would my ROM be showing up in my list of devices, I have one tb, but three showing up as available in the market. I chose the one that said Verizon HTC thunderbolt and the app never installed, chose the one with my ROM and it instantly installed. I've had rooted devices since the original Droid and this is the first time i've ever seen this, anyone else seeing the same thing running different roms?

Sent from my Thunderbolt via Tapatalk

Attachments

·
Developer
235 Posts
This is done by the developer of the rom. He change a property in the build prop so the market would display his rom name.
Kind of silly but has no affect on anything else. Nothing to a worry about. The market is going to recognize your device as a different device nearly everytime you load a different rom, hence the long list of devices you see and I'd bet you're not getting automatic backups of you're apps restored every time you load up New rom either.
Fire the same reason.

Sent from the tip of my ThunderStick on a bolt of lightning...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts