Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, Yes I did post this in the Panic Room. Thought it wouldnt hurt to get a few more eyes on it.

I do hope that yall understand as I am in a helluva pickle right now.

Ok I will try to explain this. Please forgive any fopaux as I am freeking a lil right now. Here goes:

I have been doing a good bit of lurking on here taking time to read a good bit and laughing at a few jokes. So today I decided, heck with it, I'm going for it. I got all the files and dl's of this and that and thought I was ready. I got GC 1.9 up and going on my phone and was ready to attempt to get GC2.0 I opened Odin and unchecked Auto Reboot, used "PDA" and loaded 0817_charge_recovery.tar.md5. (Oh I put the phone in download already) and hit start. Well that was about 45mins ago and I am still stuck on (recovery.bin). When I disconnect the phone it is complete dead. No reboot, no recovery, nada.

Sooooooooooooo,

Can anybody help me?

Thank you,

vet

·
Android Apprentice
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi thanks Rythmyc. Yes Odin can find the phone and I can get it into d/l mode. It just stays stuck in "recovery.bin".
Thanks again,
Rythmyc said:
Does Odin recognize your phone? (Can you get it into Download Mode?)

·
I just live here
475 Posts
You have the Odin version of 1.9.1 Gummy right? Try flashing that, it should at least get you booted again. Once you are booted, Gummy 2.0 FE can be flashed via CWM (Holding Home + Volume UP + Power (Until Samsung comes on, after that you can release power). Go into the file you have Gummy2.0.zip and install it via CWM.

·
Android Apprentice
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmmp didnt think about that... Looooong day.... I will let ya know.
stranula, I sure hope so. If not looks like I'm going back to the Dinc for a bit.
Fingers crossed and here goes, brb
thanks
vet
Rythmyc said:
You have the Odin version of 1.9.1 Gummy right? Try flashing that, it should at least get you booted again. Once you are booted, Gummy 2.0 FE can be flashed via CWM (Holding Home + Volume UP + Power (Until Samsung comes on, after that you can release power). Go into the file you have Gummy2.0.zip and install it via CWM.

·
Android Apprentice
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
EUREKA! I've always wanted to find a reason to say that! I looks like it is taking the 1.9 again.
I'll let yall know.

vet

·
Android Apprentice
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok it says it passed............
Any advise, as I am soooooooooo scared to fry it up, well I would be inconvenienced, but not like crying in the front yard. Unless that image will motivate yall for further assistance! I hope not.

Thanks
vet

·
I just live here
475 Posts
Boot it up, let it boot up completely. After it's done (let it sit for about 10 minutes). Reboot into recovery and flash GC 2.0 via CWM (Use the CWM Option in your power button menu after holding it for a few seconds).

·
Android Apprentice
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Roger.
vet
Rythmyc said:
Boot it up, let it boot up completely. After it's done (let it sit for about 10 minutes). Reboot into recovery and flash GC 2.0 via CWM (Use the CWM Option in your power button menu after holding it for a few seconds).

·
Android Apprentice
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I tried it and it started to go and then I end up with a triangle with an "!" in it and a small droid minion??

·
I just live here
475 Posts
Congratz on a Soft Brick. Go back into download mode (you may not get the same download screen, just watch Odin to see if it recognizes the phone) and re-flash GC 1.9.1. After you do that, tell me what you did to get a soft brick. Because you obviously didn't flash GC2.0 correctly.

·
Android Apprentice
20 Posts
Ha thanks! Well as it stands right now it is loading some blueish snowflakes and a "G". Well now it is got a "G" with dots running sid to side. Anyway we will see what it does. I went into reboot with CW and then picked update ROM from SD and then it asked to do some wipes and I choose to just do dalivk and it started then I got the "soft brick"
vet

** Correction on the going into reboot. First I went into reboot by holding down the power key untill reboot showed, thats how i went in the firirst time.
Rythmyc said:
Congratz on a Soft Brick. Go back into download mode (you may not get the same download screen, just watch Odin to see if it recognizes the phone) and re-flash GC 1.9.1. After you do that, tell me what you did to get a soft brick. Because you obviously didn't flash GC2.0 correctly.

·
Android Apprentice
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here is what I show right now:

Hardware Vs: i510.06
Model #: SCH-i510
Firmware vrs: 2.2.1
Baseband: EE4, EE1
Kernel: 2.6.32.9 [email protected]#130
Build #: SCH-i510.EE4

Is that right?

·
Android Apprentice
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Going to retsart 1.9 now.
thanks for all your help. for real.
vet

·
I just live here
475 Posts
To be completely honest ... i'm not sure what you did. As i'm not there to watch your actual actions. I can't really give you any correct advise without actually knowing exactly where you're at.

·
Android Apprentice
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Can I send you a message and correspond thru there or should I keep going here?
Rythmyc said:
To be completely honest ... i'm not sure what you did. As i'm not there to watch your actual actions. I can't really give you any correct advise without actually knowing exactly where you're at.

·
I just live here
475 Posts
Going to give you a step by step on how to get to 2.0, and leave you with that. It's time for bed
All Files can be found in my List which is stickied in the main charge forum.
1) Flash the STOCK EE4 Rom via Odin let it boot completely (wait 10 minutes before powering off)
2) Flash GummyCharged 1.9.1 FE via Odin let it boot completely (wait 10 minutes before powering off)
3) Boot into CWM perform a Full wipe / Factory reset
4) Flash GummyCharged 2.0 FE let it boot completely (wait 10 minutes before powering off)

I suggest getting a fresh download of each file. You only need 3 files, until you get more experience with flashing. I would stick with Gummy 2.0 FE for now. Then do some reading up on what to do with each flash, and how to flash.

·
Android Apprentice
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Rythmyc said:
Going to give you a step by step on how to get to 2.0, and leave you with that. It's time for bed
All Files can be found in my List which is stickied in the main charge forum.
1) Flash the STOCK EE4 Rom via Odin let it boot completely (wait 10 minutes before powering off)
2) Flash GummyCharged 1.9.1 FE via Odin let it boot completely (wait 10 minutes before powering off)
3) Boot into CWM perform a Full wipe / Factory reset
4) Flash GummyCharged 2.0 FE let it boot completely (wait 10 minutes before powering off)

I suggest getting a fresh download of each file. You only need 3 files, until you get more experience with flashing. I would stick with Gummy 2.0 FE for now. Then do some reading up on what to do with each flash, and how to flash.
Will do. Ty so very much. Will pick this back up in the am.
Thanks

·
Android Apprentice
27 Posts
Hi

You mentioned you were flashing from the update the rom category ..it should be..flash zip from your SD card..before you do..wipe data and dalvick cache. Hope that works..

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 25 Posts