Android OS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· su
2,256 Posts
Just to confirm, the Shuji 2.0 released on the 23rd does not (obviously) have the bluetooth fixed now in Apex RC3 released on the 27th?

Also, are there really any other differences other than themeing? Apex has a features list, although Shuji does not (or screenshots), unless I'm missing something.

· su
2,256 Posts
Justifi said:
Nothing major that comes to mind. Try them both. They are both .602 roms, so you don't have to SBF. You can flash from one to the other during a lunch break as long as you back everything up. Here it's what I back up.

1) Call logs backup and restore app
2) SMS backup and restore app
3) Batch backup with Titanium backup pro
4) droid 2 bootstrap nandroid back up
5) ADW launcher backup

If you do this before flashing to either one of these roms, you do some guilt free flashing. In fact if you use restore your backup ADW launcher , restore the same apps, and the same wall paper, you can barely tell the difference. Bluetooth is the major difference.
Thanks for the input. I went ahead and went with Apex for the time being, only bc of the Bluetooth bug.

I'm already irritated by the lack of customization, just being able to turn off the crt animation, or battery percentages would be nice. But I wanted something stable, fast, and wasn't still in beta. And from what I've heard and now seen, this rom meets those specifications.

· su
2,256 Posts
Justifi said:
As I rely on my cell phone for work, I can't afford to rely on a lot of those fun, highly customizable roms, with questionable battery life.

I do have one issue with this rom. I get force closing whenever I attempt to access phone numbers from from my system contacts. I am able to make calls directly and from my recent calls log. My work around has been the Go Contacts app. For some reason that one works.
Yeah I had the same issue. Running into bugs, carrying a charger with me, etc was causing issues at work.

I love the rom though, fast stable, and running on the same charge since yesterday when I reset battery stats. Been at 20% since about noon, lol. The customization was my only let down. But the pros outweigh the cons.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.