Android OS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Flashaholic
Joined
·
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have had .13 since it was leaked and had issues with losing 3g and bouncing between 1x and 3g. So I took the ota, rooted then flashed a 602 Rom. Re activated the baseband and am still having problems.

Will .07 or.12 work on 602? Never had issues with dropping data on either of those.

Thanks.
 

·
Android Nut
Joined
·
2,611 Posts
coltzfan said:
So I have had .13 since it was leaked and had issues with losing 3g and bouncing between 1x and 3g. So I took the ota, rooted then flashed a 602 Rom. Re activated the baseband and am still having problems.

Will .07 or.12 work on 602? Never had issues with dropping data on either of those.

Thanks.
the only way i can think of to have 602 with older radio is to sbf to whichever one has the radio you want. then use the linux sbf_flash tool to sbf 602. I've read that the sbf_flash tool will not flash the radio portion of the sbf, so that will leave your radio at whichever one you had.
 

·
Flashaholic
Joined
·
348 Posts
Thanks Razor. So i will have to install linux as a virtual machine on Windows 7? That should be interesting to explain that one to the wife. LMAO

I am thinking baseband issue due to big red updating to 4g in the neighboring cities....not mine of course. But at work I run at -94 to -101 Dbm at home running at -83 to -94Dbm. While on the highway home from work tonight I had my phone in the dock with the mobile data running and on the highway I was at -60Dbm It seems to be affecting my sons and my wifes x....theirs are not rooted but they lose 3g all the time.

I will keep the option of sbf_flash if it continues.
 

·
Android Master
Joined
·
1,434 Posts
It's just an iso cd. You just boot your comp from cd during the start up.
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
497 Posts
Never tried it but I would imagine you could flash a baseband only zip from recovery. I have all 3 if you want to try.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
 

·
Android Nut
Joined
·
2,611 Posts
coltzfan said:
Thanks Razor. So i will have to install linux as a virtual machine on Windows 7? That should be interesting to explain that one to the wife. LMAO

I am thinking baseband issue due to big red updating to 4g in the neighboring cities....not mine of course. But at work I run at -94 to -101 Dbm at home running at -83 to -94Dbm. While on the highway home from work tonight I had my phone in the dock with the mobile data running and on the highway I was at -60Dbm It seems to be affecting my sons and my wifes x....theirs are not rooted but they lose 3g all the time.

I will keep the option of sbf_flash if it continues.
as bob mentioned above, no need to install linux. you can run it from a cd. here http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/d...-solution-your-windows-rsd-lite-problems.html
 

·
Android Nut
Joined
·
2,611 Posts
1loudsvt said:
Never tried it but I would imagine you could flash a baseband only zip from recovery. I have all 3 if you want to try.
those zips only work when you're on the .340 froyo kernel
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top