Android OS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've replaced the digitizer on one of my thunderbolts and all was well. I had not really gotten the lcd affixed to the chassis correctly so after a few days the gap in the phone and the frame caused me to tear back into the phone. I got it all sticky taped down to the chassis and put the phone back together and now the phone is doing all sorts of crazy things. I did a format system, reflashed the rom, bamf forever 1.0.5 and the phone seemed to be fixed and now its right back to doing what it was. It seems to register touch when im not touching the device, also some times when i do touch it its a few inches off, making menu selections impossible and typing as well. I've gotten flustered with this phone beyond belief.

I also had a inc2 do the same thing a while back. Which has me thinking it may be something common. Possibly a dirty connection on the ribbon cable or something? Its getting too late to break into it again but I was wondering if anyone has had anything similar happen?

·
teh Jax
2,677 Posts
If you had a loose connection or something shorting out a couple of the "pins" on the cable, then this kinda sounds like what I'd expect to happen. Also, could be something else on your motherboard being shorted out causing this as well, maybe? I'd say it might make sense to take a very close look at everything and perhaps even take a can of air and maybe even some acetone to some electronic components if you happen to see any corrosion, maybe where it got some kind of liquid on it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts