Android OS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forums so Hello! and I appreciate any help you can offer!

I had gotten fed up with the DInc low memory notification and having to clear app data consistently so I decided to go ahead and root. After doing my research and getting pointed to http://rootzwiki.com...d-regain-s-off/ I began the process. If you want more details on how I got to my current problem I'd be happy to elaborate.

During the rooting process in the above thread I got to the backup step and it went through most of backup until it ran out of SD card memory space. Moved some apps to phone, deleted some apps, deleted some data when connected to computer as disk drive including first attempt at backup data. Attempted backup again with the same result (I clearly need a bigger microSD for future backup/ROMs). Attempted to reboot to maybe move more files, etc. and got stuck in a boot loop which I can only get out of by booting the phone when connected to the charger or computer. I searched and tried a few things to fix this with no success so I tried restoring to factory settings but still get the bootloop issue and now the phone can't mount the SD card. When it's inserted nothing happens like the phone simply can't detect and mount it. I tried two other new SDcards with the same result and I checked the original card directly on my PC and found all of the data still there. I tried a few things I found by searches to fix the SDcard not mounting issue (including reformatting) but nothing worked and in the process (perhaps during attempting to update drivers) the phone now isn't recognized by the computer at all. So I effectively can't do anything with my root anymore including unrooting via computer or backup onto sd card and even if I just wanted to let it go and just rebuild my previous settings onto my factory reset phone, many of my important apps rely on the sdcard and in general the phone can't nearly do as much without the sd card (camera for instance).

In summary: I still have S-on, am rooted, cannot mount the SDcard, and can't connect the phone to my computer.

Sorry for my post being all over the place; I just have so many issues with my Inc and have tried a lot of things only to get lost and confused as to what I can try next. Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Android Beginner
16 Posts
This happened to me as well The fix is easy for the sd card. I found this at over at xda I still have to plug my phone up to turn it on but i dont care i rarely turn my phone off and i will be getting a new phone in the next 2 months so i will just deal with it. I also am s-on too so i am thinking that was the problem I flashed the latest miui and thats when all hell broke loose. In order to get s off back i have to downgrade back to 2.2 and do the root process over again not worth it. You only need s-off if you are going to flash radios and splash screens. Or if you get an ota that breaks your root, but since you are already rooted you probably wont ever see an ota so again not worht it Good Luck Man

SD Card Fix

Press & hold vol down and power on the phone
Select fastboot by pressing the power button

ADB commands

fastboot oem enableqxdm 0
fastboot reboot

That should fix your SD card not being detected.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Tried what you suggested multiple times (with SD card in, with it out, etc.) but nothing has changed yet but big thanks anyways. New to rooting, etc. but I'm assuming ADB is the way to simply input commands from my PC to fastboot it but I can't try that since my computer won't pickup the phone at all. Still looking for fixes elsewhere but would appreciate anyone else's suggestions.

·
Android Beginner
16 Posts
Adb is putting commands from your computer. It should recognize it in fastboot even though it does not recognize it when the phone is cut on. When your in fastboot plug in your usb on the phone it should say USB fastboot. Then open up adb and run those commands you should be good with the sdcard. I did it yesterday and it worked. If you Need help with adb there are tons of guides out there. Is not hard to set up. Good luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Been busy so I only get time here and there to try to fix things... I tried setting up adb and running those commands with no success. Had a few issues during setup with updating the drivers and I don't think I've managed to fix it yet since the phone still never shows up on my comp when plugged in and the adb devices command also yields nothing. Going to keep trying to update those drivers to get it working for now; its the only thing I've got to work off of now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've been busy so any attempts to fix things have been few and far between.

I've mostly been attempting to run the adb code you mentioned to get the SD card back but nothing has worked so far.(Getting the SD card back would probably be enough for me. Even if I abandon my root attempts I at least want my SD card back so its a fuly functioning phone; currently the things I can do with my phone are very limited) Adb is setup and I run the code but nothing happens. When I simply do "adb devices" it returns "List of connected devices:" and then nothing.... I think the issue is with the drivers since I can't get the phone connected nor running with adb. Does anyone know the best way to "reset" aka delete installed drivers and have my computer reinstall them properly? Would this potentially fix my problem or is something else likely the problem?

I also tried getting HTC Sync to work with no luck which would have helped to maybe run the RUU or just as another attempt to reinstall the drivers. At this point I'm running out of ideas and beginning to consider trying to send it in for a new one (need to figure out how to hide the SU app?). Any help appreciated!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts