Android OS Forum banner

Discuss SlashTop for WebOs

5K views 21 replies 18 participants last post by  Bounce 
For $5 it was better than some other Apps I've used for connecting between desktops. Streaming video across WiFi works very well when on the same LAN. Will test it across distances in the coming weeks.

I had a problem with audio when streaming from the DVD player in Snow Leopard. It worked fine the first time I tested it after initial installation. Last night it wouldn't mute audio on the iMac and turning down the host volume also turned down the tablet's. I screwed around with it for quite some time until I found some links on their web site about needing Soundflower to roue the audio properly. I already had it installed so the initial test went fine. Somewhere during a reboot SF went to hell and Soundflower Bed reported it wasn't installed. Also the instructions on which output to choose didn't match what I saw on my system.

Uninstalled/Reinstalled Soundflower (and bed) to the current version(s), rebooted, followed their setup instructions and all was working as it should.

http://support-remote.splashtop.com/entries/476918-mac-doesn-t-mute-on-connection

Bboy486 said:
has anyone had success connecting from touchpad to OSX 10.6 remotely? I have not been able to connect through either internet discovery or my dyndns server. Weird thing is it connected fine via dyndns on my Evo over 3g.
doing it on Snow Leopard all the time. local (WiFi) is fast enough to stream DVD qualify video. did it from my kids house (through their WiFi, U-Verse, then my Charter connection at home - charter in to iMac, out to gigabit ethernet to DroboFS, back to iMac and back out through Charter). they were watching TV so bandwidth was eaten up somewhat with that load. The video stream was choppy while the audio stayed solid. basic remote access was solid. the other is simply a bandwidth issue.

see post #15 on the issues i had to initially resolve.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.