Android OS Forum banner

[DISCUSSION][CM4DX]CM4DX Official Nightlies

285K views 2K replies 367 participants last post by  simonbarsinistr 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I am making this since this is a huge deal, if you would like to discuss any issues with the current nightlies, fell free to discuss it here.
Here is a link to the TeamDouche Mirror

thanks for keeping the forums hot and popular!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This thread can be used to tell other users which build is having which problems for the official cyanogen for Droid X Nightlies.

The thread for RevNumbers Unofficial Nightlies can be found here

Install method from synik4l and razorloves

• 1. Flash the .340(froyo) sbf file. IF YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO FLASH A SBF CLICK HERE. AND READ THE GUIDE. I SHOW YOU HOW TO FLASH THE FROYO SBF. PREPARING YOU FOR THE REST OF THE INSTALL
  • 2. Reboot into stock recovery by holding the home+power and then once the exclamation point is shown on the screen press the search key. (THE ONLY REASON YOU SHOULD NEED TO DO THESE 2 STEPS: 2 and 3. IS IF YOU GET STUCK AT EITHER THE M LOGO OR A BOOTLOOP)
  • 3. wipe data and cache and reboot.
  • 4. Use z4root found here, to root your phone.
  • 5. Place the newest nightly, found here, on your sdcard. As well as razorloves all in one fix, found here. Also google apps, found here, or u can download it and install it from rom manager later on. You can find it under google apps in rom manager and you will always have the newest one that way. either route works.
  • 6. Install d2bootstrapper found here. and reboot into recovery
  • 7.Once in clockwork recovery, format system and wipe data and cache. Now you are going to flash the 3 zip files you placed on your sdcard using the install from sdcard option. First do the newest nightly zip. Then do the gapps zip. Lastly, do razorloves all in one fix zip.
  • 8.Reboot the phone once finished.
  • 9. Install gapps from rom manager, if you didn't do it in step 7, and your good.
  • 10. Also good to install the newest clockwork recovery from rom manager. Picking the option flash clockwork and then Droid X(2nd init). So that way u can use rom manager to see future nightlies. Or u can also still download them straight to your phone from the mirror i posted before.
NOTE: If you already have CM7 installed on your droid x and want to upgrade to the newest version, you have 2 option. You can use Rom Manager Premium to download and install it. Or you can download it using the link in step #5 above. Place it on your sdcard and flash it in clockworkmod recovery. It is recommended to wipe dalvik prior to installing a new nightly.

NOTE: Also please keep in mind that. Each time you update to the newest nightly, you will also have to flash the all in one fix again. You will have to continue to do this until the fixes are put into the nightlies, at which point we will let you know.

LINKS:

GOOD READS:

Support and OP for this install method for the newest nightly can be found here. And also in this thread.

See less See more
#352 ·
Question....Can someone who is on the latest nightly try to install a different keyboard from the market shoot me a pm or comment back? I'm using Smartkeyboard and I'm currently on nightly 7 and when I go into settings to Language/keyboard, all I see is Android keyboard setting, a spot to check off Smartkeyboard, and Smartkeyboard settings. When I check off Smartkeyboard, it does nothing. The option that I'm used to seeing before cm7 gave me the chance to choose input method. That seems to be gone. Any help would be appreciated. This is the one thing I don't like about cm7 so far. Thanks!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

#354 ·
RRuReady said:
Question....Can someone who is on the latest nightly try to install a different keyboard from the market shoot me a pm or comment back? I'm using Smartkeyboard and I'm currently on nightly 7 and when I go into settings to Language/keyboard, all I see is Android keyboard setting, a spot to check off Smartkeyboard, and Smartkeyboard settings. When I check off Smartkeyboard, it does nothing. The option that I'm used to seeing before cm7 gave me the chance to choose input method. That seems to be gone. Any help would be appreciated. This is the one thing I don't like about cm7 so far. Thanks!

To change input method, go into a text message or something, long press in the text field and tap "Input Method".

#362 ·
Haven't been impressed with Battery - with moderate use, I get 9 to 10 hours. Definitely not what I was getting with Liberty GB .8 (~18 - 23hrs). Stock battery, all sync settings the same between the two ROM's. Even using Locale to control bluetooth/gps/wifi usage based on different situations.

I'm seriously considering going back to Liberty. Thoughts?

#364 ·
SeanRinVA said:
Haven't been impressed with Battery - with moderate use, I get 9 to 10 hours. Definitely not what I was getting with Liberty GB .8 (~18 - 23hrs). Stock battery, all sync settings the same between the two ROM's. Even using Locale to control bluetooth/gps/wifi usage based on different situations.

I'm seriously considering going back to Liberty. Thoughts?
Im getting pretty good battery life, im still on nightly 7. It could be better, but its no worse than what I got in liberty.

#367 ·
Joshjunior said:
*grabs flame gear*

i wasnt impressed with liberty tbh...
Lol. No worries, everyone will have different experiences with ROM's and such. I really liked Liberty v.8 but wanted to try out CM4DX and I have been so impressed I will probably be sticking with CM for as long as I have my DX. It made me remember how great Vanilla Android is. Reminds me of the OG Droid days

Sent from Hex's DX

#368 ·
kcdroid said:
Has anyone tried to do a complete fresh install (wipe data & cache, dalvik cache and system format) of nightly #9 or #10 to see if the mms works without installing the older nightlies apk?
I just installed # 10 this morning and decided to wipe date and cache and cache partition. I have been running the phone all day and no problems at all with mms send or receive. Although I don't text a lot so I'm not sure if it was ever broken for me. I've updated faithfully every nightly each day and this is my first wipe only because I had battery drain issues and people have reported much better battery life. So far so good, I think the battery life has improved quite a bit. I'm at 90% battery with about 4 hours of low to moderate usage including a 14 minute phone call and a few texts to a couple of people.

#369 ·
wayne82973 said:
I just installed # 10 this morning and decided to wipe date and cache and cache partition. I have been running the phone all day and no problems at all with mms send or receive. Although I don't text a lot so I'm not sure if it was ever broken for me. I've updated faithfully every nightly each day and this is my first wipe only because I had battery drain issues and people have reported much better battery life. So far so good, I think the battery life has improved quite a bit. I'm at 90% battery with about 4 hours of low to moderate usage including a 14 minute phone call and a few texts to a couple of people.
We can send and receive sms fine on all the nightlies but if you try to send a picture with the stock mms it fails on any nightly after #6. Are you able to send mms (pics) as well?

#370 · (Edited by Moderator)
Joshjunior said:
i'm still hanging back on nightly 5 ahaha. i'm tempted to dl 10 but everything seems to work for the most part for now
Same here. I'm thinking I'm going to SBF and then flash nightly #10 to get the current fixes. I have haven't had time to keep up with updates today, do we still need to flash the camera fix and mms fix for #10?

#371 ·
SoHaunted said:
Same here. I'm thinking I'm going to SBF and then flash nightly #10 to get the current fixes. I have haven't had time to keep up with updates today, do we still need to flash the camera fix and mms fix for #10?
Yeah you still need both but razor bundled them together. And you don't have to sbf if you just want to get to the newest nightly. You can flash right over what you are on currently.

#372 · (Edited by Moderator)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.