Android OS Forum banner

[DISCUSSION][CM4DX]CM4DX Official Nightlies

285K views 2K replies 367 participants last post by  simonbarsinistr 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I am making this since this is a huge deal, if you would like to discuss any issues with the current nightlies, fell free to discuss it here.
Here is a link to the TeamDouche Mirror

thanks for keeping the forums hot and popular!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This thread can be used to tell other users which build is having which problems for the official cyanogen for Droid X Nightlies.

The thread for RevNumbers Unofficial Nightlies can be found here

Install method from synik4l and razorloves

• 1. Flash the .340(froyo) sbf file. IF YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO FLASH A SBF CLICK HERE. AND READ THE GUIDE. I SHOW YOU HOW TO FLASH THE FROYO SBF. PREPARING YOU FOR THE REST OF THE INSTALL
  • 2. Reboot into stock recovery by holding the home+power and then once the exclamation point is shown on the screen press the search key. (THE ONLY REASON YOU SHOULD NEED TO DO THESE 2 STEPS: 2 and 3. IS IF YOU GET STUCK AT EITHER THE M LOGO OR A BOOTLOOP)
  • 3. wipe data and cache and reboot.
  • 4. Use z4root found here, to root your phone.
  • 5. Place the newest nightly, found here, on your sdcard. As well as razorloves all in one fix, found here. Also google apps, found here, or u can download it and install it from rom manager later on. You can find it under google apps in rom manager and you will always have the newest one that way. either route works.
  • 6. Install d2bootstrapper found here. and reboot into recovery
  • 7.Once in clockwork recovery, format system and wipe data and cache. Now you are going to flash the 3 zip files you placed on your sdcard using the install from sdcard option. First do the newest nightly zip. Then do the gapps zip. Lastly, do razorloves all in one fix zip.
  • 8.Reboot the phone once finished.
  • 9. Install gapps from rom manager, if you didn't do it in step 7, and your good.
  • 10. Also good to install the newest clockwork recovery from rom manager. Picking the option flash clockwork and then Droid X(2nd init). So that way u can use rom manager to see future nightlies. Or u can also still download them straight to your phone from the mirror i posted before.
NOTE: If you already have CM7 installed on your droid x and want to upgrade to the newest version, you have 2 option. You can use Rom Manager Premium to download and install it. Or you can download it using the link in step #5 above. Place it on your sdcard and flash it in clockworkmod recovery. It is recommended to wipe dalvik prior to installing a new nightly.

NOTE: Also please keep in mind that. Each time you update to the newest nightly, you will also have to flash the all in one fix again. You will have to continue to do this until the fixes are put into the nightlies, at which point we will let you know.

LINKS:

GOOD READS:

Support and OP for this install method for the newest nightly can be found here. And also in this thread.

See less See more
#10 ·
Dewguzzler said:
yeah it shows a loss of root for me as well, probably push all of it thru adb id imagine
I'm almost certain its just the superuser app. i went to SU and selected update and it failed and saved a .zip to my sdcard. i then booted into recovery and flashed it though it failed. i had another .zip on my sdcard from last time i updated SU so i went ahead and flashed that and it worked fine. everything is working very smoothly for me atm.

#11 ·
Dewguzzler said:
yeah it shows a loss of root for me as well, probably push all of it thru adb id imagine
Easier fix actually that worked for me. Go to rom manager, choose extras, and reflash the superuser that is e/f/g/h. fixed all my su issues

#14 ·
I jiust updated to the latest cm7 for the nook color. I also lost root so there is something going on with the latest builds.

In the main cm4dx thread, it says to download the new su from extras in rom manager and flash that from recovery. I did that on my nook color and it worked.

#15 · (Edited by Moderator)
IRONMatt said:
Easier fix actually that worked for me. Go to rom manager, choose extras, and reflash the superuser that is e/f/g/h. fixed all my su issues
ok lol i did that earlier when i was on the first cm4dx guess i forgot after i flashed nightly #3

i open up rom manager and get you must root ur phone for rm to function su wasnt found at "/system/bin/su" or /system/xbin/su" probably could copy those from last cm4dx to there. i downloaded it anyway and trying to flash su again urghhhh

yeah the reason it breaks su is because su for some reason isnt in the nightly.zip idk why

#19 ·
I was wondering couldn't the camera, video, and GPS location services be fixed by just using the lib.so's from 4.5.596 or Froyo since its a froyo kernel. Considering apex uses apps compiled from CM7 source and those pieces function, theoretically that should fix those problems correct?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

#21 ·
XDRDX said:
I was wondering couldn't the camera, video, and GPS location services be fixed by just using the lib.so's from 4.5.596 or Froyo since its a froyo kernel. Considering apex uses apps compiled from CM7 source and those pieces function, theoretically that should fix those problems correct?

the gps.so from a 596 rom sorta works

#22 ·
XDRDX said:

I think it was previously tried on the Beta version with no success. The GPS worked when the file from froyo and that fixed that issue but no go with the camera.

#24 ·
echonaut said:
I've seen this linked a few times, but it doesn't really offer any help considering that there is no 'shadow' entry.
The link actually is to the shadow entry
if you scroll down, it says the changes implemented in each nightly for cdma_shadow

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.