Android OS Forum banner

[DISCUSSION] EncounterICS X discussion thread

Tags
ics
570K views 3K replies 428 participants last post by  osa_zam_17 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
This thread is for the discussion of the ROM. Any issues flashing, FCs or other problems that not everyone is getting goes here.​
If you find a bug that is universal and is not due to your inability to flash gapps and the ROM at the same time, post in the development thread.​
Please keep the development thread free of chit-chat or bug reports that are not actually bugs.​

#2,342 ·
Anyone having wifi tether issues...
I have always been a tether fiend. I run my iPad all day from it and have tried everything on every rom to maintain a stable connection. On my droidx I have always had problems with wifi tether app from google. The beta one that everyone is recommending. It has never worked right for me.
I installed the ics and I love it , then tried the wifi tether and it's shutting off every 5 minutes like everyone else is talking about. Which I actually figured would happen because for some reason it has always done that on my phone, on miui, cm7 , liberty, everything.
If you are having this problem download open garden wifi tether from the market. It has worked for me on every rom so far. I have maintained a steady wifi tether for an hour sofar and no problems. No settings adjustments, just install and click on.
Also, for anyone who uses wifi tether and has problems running some games from infrastructure mode, which is default, there is a app for the TI radio in the app store, it's called zt-180 adhoc. It will switch your radio from infrastructure to adhoc and every game, ncluding order and chaos will work. The wifi tether apps when you switch them to adhoc doesn't work for a lot of games, but when you switch with this app they all connect just fine.
Just some info to help anybody out that is having problems with wifi tether. I know that without it working I will dump a rom faster than the garbage.

#2,345 ·
To the one that had there touch screen problem... I just noticed last night the same thing. I use slideit and have noticed that I couldn't type as easy as before. I have a very short trail length but happen to notice a jagged trail on a straight swipe. So I lengthened the trail and if swyping horizontal it it looks like a heartbeat monitor. I tried a couple reboots no dice.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

#2,350 ·
Can everyone please stop asking about the damn camera. If you have any info that could help him, post it. If you can help him, offer. If he has any news on it I'm sure he'll be just as excited as us and he'll let us know (and update the OP to reflect that excitement).

#2,356 ·
ROM has been great so far, but my battery life on here is awful. 6-8 hours with moderate use and like 10-12 with pretty light use. Anyone have any advice? I already uninstalled Facebook which was definitely killing the battery as shown in settingsbattery.
Honestly i haven't found anything that helps too Mich a far as battery goes. I'm lucky to go 8 hours on a charge.. usually closer to 5.

Sent from my DROIDX

#2,365 ·
Having no service at home, I use grooveip everyday. The mic doesn't pick up anything on voip. I suppose this is the same problem as voice search not working. Does anyone know of a work around for this? Thanks to all that made this happen!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

#2,376 ·
Just an update on the Flash issue.

I spent some time playing around with it and I think the primary cause is that the Shader can't load the Vertex Shader. I did some reading with other roms and see that there was a lot of problems with apps and this under ICS and honeycomb, especially in regards to flash.

I also noted that there were other ICS roms that have a "libEGL" fix... not sure what all they "fixed" but I wonder if it has something to do with this. I thought about flashing the MIUI ICS rom just to see if flash worked there as a base point to see if i can isolate the failure but ran out of time but i wanted to pass on my tests as an FYI.

I do know that if i switch to "use GPU for decoding 2d" under debugging options the shader issues go away however there is still just a black screen in flash.

#2,377 ·
I thought about flashing the MIUI ICS rom just to see if flash worked there as a base point to see if i can isolate the failure but ran out of time but i wanted to pass on my tests as an FYI.
Not sure which MIUI ICS you are referring to. If it is Ace's or that other guys (both based on Galnet) then it only uses a couple pieces of ICS, it is still primarily GB based so it may not help much.

firstEncounter and Wizard0f0s are working on an actual ICS MIUI but it will probably have the same issues as this rom since this rom will be the base.

#2,382 ·
Ok hopefully somone on here has had the same problem I'm having, and knows a fix. Any game that I have installed that has to download extra information to run crashes asa I start the download. I have plenty of storage available and I've tried it on strong wifi and 3g connections! It's driving me nuts and I never had any problems on other roms. Its not enough to make me stop using this rom, because I love it, just trying to figure out the problem. Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.