Android OS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I was thinking that there's probably loads of us out here who have some spare bandwidth on their server or know of someone who may have some. I myself have a VPS with 600gb of bandwidth a month and most months I don't use half of that (depends how many releases there are). Then there are probably developers who want a place to host files maybe as a mirror for demand or just because they don't want to use sites like mediafire.

So! How about using this thread as a place to ask around for hosting? As in people with spare bandwidth could say "yes I'd help out, I have 200gb a month available" or requests could be made "searching for hosting for my rom, approx 130gb traffic per month).

This all depends on users and trustworthiness however it could turn out to work well! This came about after a suggestion for the site on free hosting except we already get enough for free so this could be a nice way to give back.

Suggestions, improvements?

Sent from my Nexus S

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I will start.

As mentioned earlier, I have 600GB per month and until I get my next release out that will only get used a bit, so there's probably about 400GB of spare space available for anyone interested.
It is a TD revolution vps with 80mbps connection speed, so it should be pretty quick for you. If interested, PM me with what you want hosted and maybe a link to the thread or something like that.

Sent from my Nexus S

·
Developer
161 Posts
I'm on DreamHost and have unlimited everything. I know, I don't literaly have unlimited amount of space. But i have a lot.

I already have a ton of backups, and themes backed up. And I'm willing to let any dev have space on my server free of charge.

·
Car Lover
182 Posts
I use bluehost and have unlimited bandwith and space a month. Hosting is free so pm me if you'd like and we can work everything out

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
I had asked about this to @RootzWiki and some others, but I want to see if you guys can help me understand:

I have a good plan with JustHost.com and their "unlimited" plan just like BlueHost and all of those. I host a few things on there (our website, ROM manager ROMs, and a few other misc files). Now when I had talked to them to move servers to one that had better uptime they refused to move it until I removed my "backups," aka ROMs. And they told me if I needed file hosting service to get a separate service from someone who specializes in that.

I don't want any kind of issues with them, so I am wondering: would it be ok to host ROMs there? I have done it before but I moved to other places because I don't want to piss anyone off and it was super easy to see (I think I used about 1TB of bandwidth one month...).

Anyone have any insight on this topic or ideas? Sorry if it is irrelevant to this thread.

·
Kernel Dev
897 Posts
I have unlimited bandwidth and space on bluehost and fatcow, so if anyone needs space to host theory files, or even your personal forum/blog/etc to go along with it, just pm me and ill be more than happy to give you some space.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

·
Professional Stuff Breaker
1,402 Posts
Goo-Inside.me still has bandwidth to spare, and I'm expanding that very soon. Tons of HDD space, and the current server is 100mbps. Already hosting GApps, a CM mirror, MIUI, Savaged-Zen, Myn's, Amon_RA, EVO stock/RUUs, CM4DX, etc..

Also can help you get setup with ROM Manager. FTP, SFTP, and rsync available for uploading.

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
I have unlimited everything on rzdroid.com I can give anyone their own home folder and FTP account...

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
Guess its time to swallow my pride and ask.... Can someone give me some hosting? Not sure how much i would need (wouldnt be much) but tired of dealing with megaupload/dropbox for my hosting....

·
Music Composer
168 Posts
I also have unlimited space/bandwidth. Hit me up if you need.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
PM me if you need hosting as well, I host androtransfer.com. You are welcome to your own sub-domain, or if you really wanted to, register your own domain. Unlimited space/bandwidth.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts