Android OS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[Discussion][ROM] MIUI

24K views 206 replies 54 participants last post by  razorloves 
#1 ·
Since all the other MIUI threads keep getting locked, I thought it'd be cool to have a thread up for us all to talk about the upcoming MIUI release. For info, follow Frankie F (Framework43) on Twitter.

Here are two screenshots that he posted on the 16th of this month:
Screenshots

I don't know about you all, but I'm pretty excited about this! Since the new version of MIUI was just released for the OG Droid, let's hope it makes it onto our Xs!

And for anyone who doesn't know much about MIUI, here is their site. :)

#28 ·
Framework43 said:
Hehehe. :p

I'm sorry guys for the delay , my microUSB cable IS coming in the mail by at least tomorrow, and I have an assignment I have to do thats due tomorrow so I'm trying to get most of it, if not all , done today. Please be patient!
How terrible of you to torture us with your delays! :p Haha just kidding! Take your time. We have waited since the DX dropped for this rom, I'm sure we can wait a little bit longer :)

#34 · (Edited by Moderator)
Jordan8 said:
Ignore my ignorance, I wasn't around during the OG Droid party... what are the key differences between Cm7 & Miui?
MIUI - Takes iPhone style to present a minimalistic layout without losing any functionality. Has a multi-screen pulldown that can be customized much like Cm7's pulldown widgets.

CM - Built from source. Speed, customization and community support are what makes this ROM amazing! Even at a beta stage it will fly by other stable release ROMS.

Head to head, neither of these are likely to disappoint you. Just a matter of weighing out what you are more about.

Protip: Look up youtube vids to get a "hands-on" experience

#35 ·
"Jordan8 said:
Ignore my ignorance, I wasn't around during the OG Droid party... what are the key differences between Cm7 & Miui?
Miui is like an iOS for Android. Its gingerbread based. It adds some awesome features and they actually got a deal makes devices overseas. It started in Asia. (In this case since dx needs 2ndinit it will be gingerbread but more than likely froyo based kernel unless they got it to work with gingerbread for dx) anyways.....Cyanogenmod is Android Open Source Project and it is basically hands down the most customizable rom right now. It is supported with many devices since the G1. You customize everything and its known for its smoothness and all around just awesomeness. Its like a way of life haha. (Not saying miui isn't customizable cause it is)

#36 ·
BrentBlend said:
MIUI - Takes iPhone style to present a minimalistic layout without losing any functionality. Has a multi-screen pulldown that can be customized much like Cm7's pulldown widgets.

CM - Built from source. Speed, customization and community support are what makes this ROM amazing! Even at a beta stage it will fly by other stable release ROMS.

Head to head, neither of these are likely to disappoint you. Just a matter of weighing out what you are more about.

Protip: Look up youtube vids to get a "hands-on" experience
Smcdo123 said:
Miui is like an iOS for Android. Its gingerbread based. It adds some awesome features and they actually got a deal makes devices overseas. It started in Asia. (In this case since dx needs 2ndinit it will be gingerbread but more than likely froyo based kernel unless they got it to work with gingerbread for dx) anyways.....Cyanogenmod is Android Open Source Project and it is basically hands down the most customizable rom right now. It is supported with many devices since the G1. You customize everything and its known for its smoothness and all around just awesomeness. Its like a way of life haha. (Not saying miui isn't customizable cause it is)
Interesting, thanks guys. Will most definitely be giving it a try once it's been sorted out for the DX :D

#47 ·
I run it on my nook color and you are right about being able to install certain components of a theme...it is a nice concept and done very easy from their theme manager (similar to CM7's theme manager except you can download themes as well as apply them from it.) I am totally stoaked about this rom. I switched to the DX before it came out on the OG Droid and was never able to run it. I have been thinking of getting a new phone with an upgrade...this may save my DX for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.