Android OS Forum banner
101 - 120 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Alright here we go paranoid 2.50 for the mesmerize and showcase. The MMS patch is built in no need for a desperate patch
Showcase: http://db.tt/gprwz30N
Mesmerize: http://db.tt/qEaafdpn
I have not been able to get this guy (PA 2.5) to work properly for my USCC Mez. It refuses to go into the phablet mode or resize apps/lockscreen (the slider does not move from zero) after following insructions and rebooting. I've tried the usual reinstall, cache clear, etc.

Has anyone with a Mez been able to get into phablet UI?.....and help out there?

·
Banned
482 Posts
Nobody can including me its broke for all the builds including the fascinate

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

·
AcidBurn
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
If anyone has a few min of free time and help me out. I made top 8 guys in vegas for this modeling competition. Online voting ends tomorrow.
PM me if anyone wants help me out and vote. l will send the URL to ya. Need ever vote I can lol

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

·
Android Beginner
39 Posts
I have not been able to get this guy (PA 2.5) to work properly for my USCC Mez. It refuses to go into the phablet mode or resize apps/lockscreen (the slider does not move from zero) after following insructions and rebooting. I've tried the usual reinstall, cache clear, etc.

Has anyone with a Mez been able to get into phablet UI?.....and help out there?
This issue happened on an earlier build as well. My solution was reverting back to an older one then flashing over it with my preferred Phablet or Tablet UI settings already set.

·
Registered
31 Posts
This issue happened on an earlier build as well. My solution was reverting back to an older one then flashing over it with my preferred Phablet or Tablet UI settings already set.
Sweet. I'll give it a try today.... which older version do you suggest, and do I need to wipe data again before flashing a previous build over 2.5?

·
AcidBurn
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
Sweet. I'll give it a try today.... which older version do you suggest, and do I need to wipe data again before flashing a previous build over 2.5?

I would guess dirty flash not 100%. I have a fascinate but phablet mode had always worked on fascinate. Don't know why mez users having so any issues.
Would have to at least be 2.20 or higher .I would see what worked for him ...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
31 Posts
I would guess dirty flash not 100%. I have a fascinate but phablet mode had always worked on fascinate. Don't know why mez users having so any issues.
Would have to at least be 2.20 or higher .I would see what worked for him ...
I'm trying to install 2.21 Hardcore now....with full wipe. I'll let you know the results.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was on version 2.21 before I flashed 2.5. I didn't wipe data
I'm still getting the hybrid mode is disabled....even in 2.21. Not sure what to try next....

EDIT: I am seeing a change in the lockscreen layout with phablet (status bar smaller than stock and at the top) and tablet (status bar smaller and on the bottom) mode set in the workstation, but the "Current Configuration" in the workspace screen says:

Hybrid mode is disabled
Workspace DPI: 0
Workspace Layout: 0px
System default DPI is 0
User default DPI is 0

I'm also none of the sizing slider bars are working.....

·
TESTER
758 Posts
Say lv I got a ssd of newegg while ago 60 well worth it, I've been working on getting my gf one for her Acer aspire one, been trying to get my thermal tank to boot ICS but no go drivers are missing for my rig

Fascinating AOKP Jelly Bean Sept 19 Tab Devil 1.4.1...

·
Banned
482 Posts
Sorry guys my computer pooped after installing windows 8. Which I don't know how computer is like a week old brand new lol so yes gonna try too see if I can get it too boot Linux and get it recovered

·
AcidBurn
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
PA 3+ AOSP 4.2 Status:

- Tablet UI is functional, revived from the dead and PaPrefs ready
- Hybrid bugs solved, statusbar_size and sys/user_default_dpi don't create gaps anymore
- Recents look uniform across all UI modes
- Google/AOSP bug/lag in recents is solved, like butter again
- Tons of minor little things

They going to work on a complete new branch of PA, based on the pure AOSP (Android Open Source Project). The result being, a super fast, smooth, stable, efficient, & cutting edge makeover for the ParanoidAndroid, integrated with our very own powerful Hybrid Engine. With time & progress, all possible features will be merged gradually, to make an All-Round Perfect ROM. :victory:

But how does that affect the non-AOSP devices?
All good! Everything goes on as is! The Legacy devices will be kept under development, for as long as possible.
Thanks to the ever-working CM, their Device Trees & the Base CM Source Code will be continued to be worked upon, & the main line PA progressed. All the features & Engine that you've come to love, stay & develop.

AOSP 4.2 is still a mess. Androidpolice called it the most bugridden Android that has ever existed, i think they've got a point.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Has anyone else had problems with the speakerphone? My showcase works just fine on the handset, but when I switch to the Speaker phone, I can't hear through the speaker.

·
Android Beginner
39 Posts
Has anyone else had problems with the speakerphone? My showcase works just fine on the handset, but when I switch to the Speaker phone, I can't hear through the speaker.
No problems with the speaker for me.

I'm using it on my Mezzy and even after flashing the MMS fix, it's still a no go
, manually putting in the values for the APN never saves and the APN backup & restore app won't let me restore so I'm sorta stuck without MMS at the moment.. small price to pay though. I haven't experienced much of any issues though. Great port!

101 - 120 of 160 Posts