Android OS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has already been asked and resolved by another user, but I'm afraid if I don't start a new thread it will get overlooked if I ask in that thread.

I have TWRP installed and I accidentally formated my system and cleared all my internal storage. It was suggested to use adb sideload to push my rom to my phone. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do that. I boot into recovery, start adb sideload, my computer dings as it recognizes my phone, I type the command adb sideload stock.zip (thats what I've renamed the file) as it says on the screen. it doesn't push anything to my phone, it just runs thru a list of commands that I can do in adb.

·
Android Lover
1,260 Posts
This has already been asked and resolved by another user, but I'm afraid if I don't start a new thread it will get overlooked if I ask in that thread.

I have TWRP installed and I accidentally formated my system and cleared all my internal storage. It was suggested to use adb sideload to push my rom to my phone. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do that. I boot into recovery, start adb sideload, my computer dings as it recognizes my phone, I type the command adb sideload stock.zip (thats what I've renamed the file) as it says on the screen. it doesn't push anything to my phone, it just runs thru a list of commands that I can do in adb.
Sideload isn't a valid adb command. Use

adb push stock.zip /sdcard

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks but doing that gives me an error saying "error: closed"
it actually says on twrp website that while in adb sideload mode that regular adb commands will not work and to actually type adb sideload /path/to/rom.zip
I'm guessing my issue is either my phone isn't being recognized, but when I type adb devices my phone shows up, or i'm not typing the path correctly, which is highly likely because i'm not all that familiar with adb.

·
Android Lover
1,260 Posts
thanks but doing that gives me an error saying "error: closed"
it actually says on twrp website that while in adb sideload mode that regular adb commands will not work and to actually type adb sideload /path/to/rom.zip
I'm guessing my issue is either my phone isn't being recognized, but when I type adb devices my phone shows up, or i'm not typing the path correctly, which is highly likely because i'm not all that familiar with adb.
So the reason you got a list of commands when typing adb sideload is that sideload isn't a valid adb command. Just type adb and you'll get the same thing.

The issue is likely going to be that the path is wrong. You can try /mnt/sdcard

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.