Android OS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Average Android
Joined
·
58 Posts
Lol its due to a debate that broke out in the discussion thread for this. Someone said that the teams reason for not releasing early wasn't good enough and many folks jumped down this throat over it.

My name is Mike, and I'm a flashaholic. But thanks to my sponsor, MIUI, I've been clean for weeks.
 

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
30 Posts
Sure I want them to release soon. But only in the sense that I am excited about the release and if I could control reality, their work would be easy and quickly finished. I do not want, however, the CM team to release anything they don't want to or before they want to do it. The CM team owes us nothing, and the people who are using the argument "I really want it and people should give me anything I want because I want it and if I want it I deserve it" are really starting to bug me.
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
27 Posts
They will release when they are 100% finished with it. Stop making useless threads wanting them to release it. It is not ready and it will not be ready until they have a 100% working Port. I don't care if your a moderator or not. You know this is a pointless thread so why are you posting it?
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
47 Posts
xiVFINISHERVix said:
They will release when they are 100% finished with it. Stop making useless threads wanting them to release it. It is not ready and it will not be ready until they have a 100% working Port. I don't care if your a moderator or not. You know this is a pointless thread so why are you posting it?
So that matthileo has a place to post his repeated requests for a release.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
Sapient said:
Sure I want them to release soon. But only in the sense that I am excited about the release and if I could control reality, their work would be easy and quickly finished. I do not want, however, the CM team to release anything they don't want to or before they want to do it. The CM team owes us nothing, and the people who are using the argument "I really want it and people should give me anything I want because I want it and if I want it I deserve it" are really starting to bug me.
Wow. Just wow. Do you really think adding the "But only in the sense that I am excited about the release and if I could control reality" bit makes us any different. All I said was that they should release a preview build soon. That that would be awesome. That's it. I did not say they had to, were obligated, or anything similar.
 

·
Average Android
Joined
·
58 Posts
What you said was you don't think their reason for not releasing was good enough. That's what people took objection too.

My name is Mike, and I'm a flashaholic. But thanks to my sponsor, MIUI, I've been clean for weeks.
 

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
30 Posts
matthileo said:
Wow. Just wow. Do you really think adding the "But only in the sense that I am excited about the release and if I could control reality" bit makes us any different. All I said was that they should release a preview build soon. That that would be awesome. That's it. I did not say they had to, were obligated, or anything similar.
Yes, very different. I'm hoping things go well for them so their product will be in a state they feel is ready to release sooner than it will be if things go badly. You want them to release something now, despite the product not being to the CM team's standards. Very different.

I also think that the proper way to deal with you wanting this sooner than you are getting it is to do the work yourself.
 

·
Average Android
Joined
·
157 Posts
EDIT: just saw why this thread is created.
Go nuts.
 

·
Android Lover
Joined
·
883 Posts
The videos you've seen show what works, the bright, shiny side of CM on the TP.

You don't see the ugly, unfinished stuff that doesn't work or causes problems. That's why they're not in a hurry to release.
 

·
Average Android
Joined
·
58 Posts
Sapient said:
Yes, very different. I'm hoping things go well for them so their product will be in a state they feel is ready to release sooner than it will be if things go badly. You want them to release something now, despite the product not being to the CM team's standards. Very different.

I also think that the proper way to deal with you wanting this sooner than you are getting it is to do the work yourself.
+ 1

We all want the port to be done ASAP. However, we aren't demanding an unfinished product be released for "testing". We aren't saying their reason for not releasing an alpha build isn't good enough, we aren't saying they need to release one at all. We just are excited at the prospect of the project, and hope it goes smoothly so that a final, finished, stable port can be released sooner rather than later; but no sooner than the cm teams feels its ready.

That, my friend, is what makes you different from most the people here.

My name is Mike, and I'm a flashaholic. But thanks to my sponsor, MIUI, I've been clean for weeks.
 

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
45 Posts
I think matthileo gets it ... we should all now accept what he asked for (we all want it really, but we know we can't have it) and let this thread gracefully die away ... BTW: have you looked at his photos, they are really rather good
 

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
4 Posts
We will all just have to wait and be patient. CM team will release it when they know it works 100%. I don't think they need loads of stupid questions from untrained noobs, just because there's bugs in the ROM!
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
29 Posts
I honestly think they should stick to what they originally stated and not give any more updates until they are done....

The update videos is what is stirring up the kiddies wanting to play with Android on the device thinking its further along than what it really is.

Seriously, I am constantly shocked by the entitlement some of these posters have on Dev forums.

Let the CM Team work in peace and it will be released when they are ready to release it.
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
47 Posts
matthileo said:
Wow. Just wow. Do you really think adding the "But only in the sense that I am excited about the release and if I could control reality" bit makes us any different. All I said was that they should release a preview build soon. That that would be awesome. That's it. I did not say they had to, were obligated, or anything similar.
Yes, they are very different. One is wishing everything goes well, and wishes the project was easier than it obviously is, and the other repeatedly asks for an unready alpha build to be released, and refuses to accept the stated reasons as to why one has not been released yet. Also, your words "they should release a preview build soon" IS a demand, either in the sense of "they need to", or in the sense of "they don't know what they're doing and should instead do what I think they should do". Either way, you're trying to affect their stated process, and challenging their stated reasons. That is disrespectful.

Look, you seem like an intelligent guy, and some of your posts are actually on-topic in the other thread. It's just your first post came across as demanding, and since then you've come across as entitled and demanding. I am not the only one that thinks so. You can accept the fact that your posts make you sound immature and demanding, and strive to change, or you can keep trying to defend yourself and look more and more immature and demanding. The choice is now yours.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
Leach19m said:
+ 1

We all want the port to be done ASAP. However, we aren't demanding an unfinished product be released for "testing". We aren't saying their reason for not releasing an alpha build isn't good enough, we aren't saying they need to release one at all. We just are excited at the prospect of the project, and hope it goes smoothly so that a final, finished, stable port can be released sooner rather than later; but no sooner than the cm teams feels its ready.

That, my friend, is what makes you different from most the people here.

My name is Mike, and I'm a flashaholic. But thanks to my sponsor, MIUI, I've been clean for weeks.
Something just isn't registering here. There is no entitlement, there is no "they must".
I just said that I THINK they SHOULD release an alpha/beta to play with. They can handle bug reports for it the same way the do with the official nightlies, which is to ignore them (or burn them, or whatever it is they do since they clearly state that they will not take them).

That is my opinion, that's all it has ever been, and as long as you continue to tell me that someone my opinion is "wrong, rude, etc" I will continue to tell you that it isn't.
The CM devs on here no what an opinion is, they know they can just ignore it -- why don't you? Why can't you?
 
1 - 20 of 107 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top