Android OS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm using OMFGB, newest MR2 build, with Go launcher ex. And i've added so much stuff to my screen, and animations, and other stuff blah blah blah. And it lags alot!! It seems like OC helps performance some, but I'm not sure if thats just what Im wanting to see. Anyone actually OC with AOSP? And if so how high, what kernel, etc...?

·
Android Lover
1,296 Posts
I'm using Kang Bang, OC'd to 1.4

Actually I'm always OC'd to 1.4 now that I think about it.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm using lean kernel, and I found a way to make it faster without over clocking, but it's still nice to know what people do :)

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

·
Lurker
111 Posts
I always run at 1.4 on whatever kernel I'm running at the time.

·
The Truth
525 Posts
Yes i o.c. but slightly. 1.2 for me on CM7 using Slayher's kernel thats included

·
Still Ballin'
171 Posts
It seems most kernel devs are able to keep voltage levels on 1.4 ghz comparable to 1 ghz stock so its nice imo. I usually only overclock when I need to shit on my friend's droid x when he talks about his precious quadrant.

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

·
Marty Mcfly/Theme Dev
912 Posts
Currently running KangBang CFS 7, OC'd to 1308 (i know, lame :D), have minimum clock set to 368 to fight off the reboot dragons. Oh, and CM7.

·
Retired
259 Posts
1.4 extreme mode, with OMFGB

·
Supporting Member
98 Posts
I always run 1.4 as well, that seems to be the sweet spot. Like Ballocaust you can usually run 1.4 with stock voltage levels which is nice. Anything above that and you have to start bumping up the voltage and take a battery hit. On the other hand that also means you can run stock speed with lower voltage and save some battery. Just depends on what is more important to you. I am personally not in a 4g area so I don't have to fight for battery life.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts