Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Android Lover
Joined
·
371 Posts
Well as much as I love OMFGB and CM7 I still LOVE MIUI a million times more. I figure if we can get some guaranteed donations going well may be able to get some of these RIL geniuses going on it.

I'm a poor SOB but I'll throw in $100 via PayPal. $25 up front the rest once data/voice is working on par with the current AOSP runs.

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk
 

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
1 Posts
Breezer23 said:
Well as much as I love OMFGB and CM7 I still LOVE MIUI a million times more. I figure if we can get some guaranteed donations going well may be able to get some of these RIL geniuses going on it.

I'm a poor SOB but I'll throw in $100 via PayPal. $25 up front the rest once data/voice is working on par with the current AOSP runs.

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk
I'll pitch in $25.00 as well
 

·
Developer
Joined
·
18 Posts
USSENTERNCC1701E said:
It looks like @MIUIrom released the source to Jamezelle and nix. Very excited :grin3:
To clarify, MIUI did not release any source code to us. We are trying to work with them to integrate the LTE changes directly in MIUI but we aren't hopeful. We do have slayhers CM7 source code with the associated LTE changes and I've been slowly processing them and merging the compiled code together.

As far as a donation/bounty goes... don't give me anything up front. jamezelle and I are going to work on this regardless.. if we make it happen.. do what you want :)
 

·
Tech Fiend
Joined
·
65 Posts
n_i_x said:
To clarify, MIUI did not release any source code to us. We are trying to work with them to integrate the LTE changes directly in MIUI but we aren't hopeful. We do have slayhers CM7 source code with the associated LTE changes and I've been slowly processing them and merging the compiled code together.

As far as a donation/bounty goes... don't give me anything up front. jamezelle and I are going to work on this regardless.. if we make it happen.. do what you want :)
I wish you guys the best of luck. I know it's some serious complicated stuff you have to go through for MIUI compared to anything else. You guys are very talented, so I hve high hopes you guys will figure this all out soon.
 

·
Average Android
Joined
·
199 Posts
greenblattsam said:
I don't exactly see the appeal to this ROM. From the looks of it IMO it looks like another crappy OEM skin like Blur or a simplified touch wiz.
Well even if you hadn't said "From the looks" it would be pretty obvious you've never used it, from your comment. Research it a little, it's awesome, I tried it on a whim on my DINC, and never went back... until I got my TB and had no MIUI :sad: You can try it without radio, CPCookieMan got a port with no RIL. And it's not just a skin, if it were they'd have a port already, it's a a complete rework in nearly all interfacing.
 

·
Android Lover
Joined
·
1,201 Posts
greenblattsam said:
I don't exactly see the appeal to this ROM. From the looks of it IMO it looks like another crappy OEM skin like Blur or a simplified touch wiz.
It's a complete redesign of the system. Absolutely awesome all around. If you'd even watched a single video of it you could tell. There are SO many things that it does by default that should be cooked into ROMs but aren't, and some features that are slowly being added. It's really ahead of the game overall.
 

·
Average Android
Joined
·
199 Posts
greenblattsam said:
I never have but I loaded it on my OG Droid and wasn't impressed it was basically a iPhone rip off.
That's fine, to each his own... but that is really not what this thread is about. If you want ASOP, CM7 and OMFGB are great ROM's for you. We love MIUI and are tryin' to get some love goin' for the MIUI dev's.
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
170 Posts
greenblattsam said:
I never have but I loaded it on my OG Droid and wasn't impressed it was basically a iPhone rip off.
Time spent becoming familiar with the dynamics of the multi-dimensional, multi-layered interface of Miui reveal that is really on another level. The degree to which it is so may perhaps only be experienced through extended use. The variety of choices in ways to set it up as relates to function, aesthetics and personal style, so that it fully satisfies how a user uses their device, definitely calls on that user to invest some time and put in some work.

The reality is that it is an incredibly feature-rich and innovative rom, not "another crappy OEM skin like blur or a simplified touch wiz" or an "iPhone rip off".

Just sayin...now back on point…
 

·
Developer
Joined
·
569 Posts
From working on it, if 3g is going to work 4g is almost 99% going to work or be very very close.

Most of the work is getting data to work at all, then small amount of work (relatively) to get the actual lte stuff working.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk
 

·
teh Jax
Joined
·
2,462 Posts
xoomdev said:
From working on it, if 3g is going to work 4g is almost 99% going to work or be very very close.

Most of the work is getting data to work at all, then small amount of work (relatively) to get the actual lte stuff working.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk
Glad to hear you helping out with this! I love the dev community for the thunderbolt! You guys rock! :)

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk
 
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top